- Online Learning Home
- Online Services
- HyFlex Learning
- Mobile Learning
- Course Email
- Privacy Statement
- Faculty Resources
Students enrolled in online, hybrid, and HyFlex courses are welcome to attend a virtual orientation to Online Learning. Orientations for summer 2022 have concluded. Check back here in early July for information on fall 2022 orientations.
Please note the following:
- These orientations are NOT course-specific.
- Each orientation covers the same material, so students don't have to attend each session.
- If students are seeking to add into courses that are full, they will not be able to do this at these orientations; they will need to contact the instructors directly.
Among the topics typically covered at these orientations are:
- Dispelling myths about online courses
- Types of courses offered
- Qualities of a successful online learner
- Tips to succeed online, including time management
- Researching online
- Using Zonemail
- Basic course navigation
- Using Canvas tools, including the Calendar and Notifications
- Using course tools, including submitting assignments and taking quizzes
- Tips, including those for taking quizzes and exams
- Use of mobile devices
- Technical tips and requirements
- Technical support
- Academic support, including tutoring
- Login procedures
- Students with disabilities
Student Support from Canvas
24x7 Live Chat, Email, Knowledge Base
(also available from Help icon in Canvas)