Students enrolled in online and hybrid courses are welcome to attend an on-campus orientation to Online Learning. These orientations, which are NOT course-specific, will be done separately for Blackboard and Canvas.
For Spring 2017, orientations are concluded. Check back here for orientations for Summer 2017.
If students are seeking to add into courses that are full, they will not be able to do this at these orientations; they will need to contact the instructors directly.
Typical topics covered at these orientations will be:
- Dispelling myths about online courses
- Qualities of a successful online learner
- Tips to succeed online, including time management
- Student readiness for taking these courses, including those who tend to struggle
- Researching online
- Using Zonemail
- Basic course navigation
- Using course tools, including submitting assignments
- Use of mobile devices
- Tips, including those for taking quizzes
- Technical tips and requirements
- Technical support
- Academic support, including Counseling
- Login procedures
- Students with disabilities