Students enrolled in online and hybrid courses are welcome to attend an on-campus orientation to Online Learning. These orientations, which are NOT course-specific, will be done separately for Blackboard and Canvas.
For Spring 2017, the Blackboard orientation will be held Jan. 11 from 1-2:30 p.m. in Room 2410. The Canvas orientation will be held Jan. 12 from 5:30-7 p.m. in Room 2410.
If students are seeking to add into courses that are full, they will not be able to do this at these orientations; they will need to contact the instructors directly.
Typical topics covered at these orientations will be:
- Dispelling myths about online courses
- Qualities of a successful online learner
- Tips to succeed online, including time management
- Student readiness for taking these courses, including those who tend to struggle
- Researching online
- Using Zonemail
- Basic course navigation
- Using course tools, including submitting assignments
- Use of mobile devices
- Tips, including those for taking quizzes
- Technical tips and requirements
- Technical support
- Academic support, including Counseling
- Login procedures
- Students with disabilities