About Community Education Classes
At Las Positas College, we have a vision for our Community. It’s a vision that sees you gaining skills you need in the workplace, achieving your educational goals, and learning for the length of your life. It’s a vision that inspires us in Community Education every day to deliver quality, fee-based courses that are available to everyone in our community.
No exams, no pressure-- these are non-credit classes! Classes do not require admission to the College, either. Minimum enrollment is required for classes to start. Community Education is a self-supporting entity of LPC.
Got a suggestion for a class? Drop a note in our SUGGESTION BOX
It’s a vision that matches our values and yours:
Las Positas College thrives as a collaborative teaching and learning community committed to integrity and excellence by:
- Encouraging and celebrating lifelong learning
- Responding to the needs of the ever-changing workplace
- Demonstrating civic, social and environmental responsibility
- Promoting ethical behavior, tolerance and mutual respect in a diverse community
- Fostering a climate of discovery, creativity and personal development
- Holding firm to the belief that each of us makes an astonishing difference.
- See what we see. Join in our vision for the Tri-Valley. Teach a class with us. Take a class with us. Make an astonishing difference.
Community Education at Las Positas College is an inclusive, learning-centered program providing educational and personal enrichment opportunities to all Community members. The program supports the life-long learning goals of all students (both for-credit and not-for-credit) to enhance their basic skills, career and technical training, retraining and personal enrichment objectives, and to help all community members meet their personal and professional goals.