- Online Learning Home
- Online Services
- Course Email
- Mobile Learning
- Privacy Statement
- Faculty Resources
Your default Canvas email address will be your Zonemail address. You will not be able to change this in Canvas . However, you can change your default Canvas address in CLASS-Web. Here's how:
- Log into CLASS-Web.
- Select "What is my email address?"
- Select "Update Email Address".
- Under "Type of E-mail to Insert", select "Email for Canvas" and click "Submit".
- Enter the email address in the field next to "E-mail", and click "Submit".
Once done, Canvas will be updated with the new address within 4-5 hours.
Your email account
To access your Zonemail account for Canvas, do one of the following:
- Click the Log into Zonemail link on the right side of any page on the Online Learning web site. If you use Gmail, you will be familiar with the login screen since Zonemail is actually Gmail just branded for the Chabot-Las Positas Community College District.
- Log into The Zone by entering your User ID, which is your W number, and your PIN. Once you're in, click the Email icon.
- Access your Zonemail directly by clicking here.
Either way, once you get to the Zonemail login screen, you will need to do the following:
Enter your username
Your username is your Zonemail address. It will be in the format of first initial of first name, middle name initial, last name...all followed by @zonemail.clpccd.edu.
If you need to confirm your Zonemail address, log into CLASS-Web, and click the "What is my email address?" link.
Example for Maria Tina Valdez: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you don’t have a middle name, an “x” will be placed there. Example for Maria (no middle name) Valdez: email@example.com
- If another student has the same name as you, a four-digit number will be added after your name. Example for two students with the name Maria Tina Valdez: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, etc.
Enter your password
Your password will be the same as your PIN for The Zone and CLASS-Web.
Forwarding your email (optional)
If you don't change your default college email address in CLASS-Web, you can still have all emails sent through Canvas go to your personal Gmail, Yahoo, Comcast, etc. account. To do this, you will have to log into Zonemail, and set up forwarding to your personal account. Learn how to set up forwarding.
Changing your password
To change your password, click Account in the drop-down under your Zonemail address at the top, then click Security, then Change Password.
The Help Zone can be reached at (925) 424-1710.