Email services are available to all Las Positas students who live too far away from campus to meet with a counselor in person.
If you have a non-urgent counseling related question, send us an EMAIL, and a counselor will repond within 3 business days!
This service is for Currently Enrolled/Registered Students (students with a W#):
Email Services are NOT available for:
- Community members
(please call 925-424-1400 to reach the counseling front desk)
- Personal counseling or crisis counseling
- Academic probation, dismissal or readmission counseling
- Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAG)
- Student Educational Plans (Comprehensive SEP)
- Admissions and records inquiries
- Financial Aid inquiries
Email Services Response Time:
- Email Services are available during the fall and spring semesters, Mondays - Thursdays only.
- Questions will be responded to within 3 business days (excluding holidays). During periods of heavy enrollment a response may take longer.
- Counselors are NOT available during the first two and last two weeks of the semester due to high demand with registration.
- Email Services will NOT be available during semester breaks or campus holidays.
- If you do not receive a response, check your spam filter and make sure it allows messages from the domain @laspositascollege.edu
- If your question is too detailed or complex to be answered online, you may receive a message recommending that you see a counselor for in person assistance.
- Keep in mind that Email Services can save you time, but it does NOT take the place of seeing a counselor in person.