Welcome to the
LPC Tutorial Center
in the Study, Tutoring, and Reading Room (STaRR)
Located on the LPC Campus in the Multi-Disciplinary Building (MDB), room 2401 we provide:
- Scheduled appointment tutoring
- Drop-in tutoring
- Group sessions
- LPCTutorLink (Class tutoring for selected sections)
- TAGS (Tutor Assisted Group Study)
- ESL Conversation Corner (Group English conversation practice)
- Prep2Pass (Finals preparation tutoring 6-10:30 p.m. the last week of classes)
- On line tutoring through Net Tutor
- Reading &Writing Center (RAW)
- Relaxed Study
- Articles and assistance in: Learning Styles, Study Skills (Metacognition) and Growth Mindset
The LPC Tutorial Program is dedicated to students' educational success by providing quality learning support relevant to their individual needs. We seek to provide services that will help students become independent learners and function successfully in an academic environment. We strive to create a positive and encouraging atmosphere for all students who use our services.
What's New? NetTutor! Online tutoring
Click on the online tutoring link in the left bar for more information.
In order to receive FREE tutoring through the Tutorial Program, you must be a current LPC student and registered in the LPC class for which you need assistance.
What are the four ways to register for tutoring?
- If you want scheduled tutorirng -- Fill out the "Request Form" on campus in the Tutorial Center (MDB 2401)
- If you want face-to-face scheduled tutoring but aren't on campus -- Fill out the request form on this website and send it.
- If you want drop-in tutoring--Check the list on this website & come in. No registration needed ahead of time.
- If you want online tutoring -- follow the instructions under "online tutoring" in the left bar.
How do I get reading & writing help?
Bring your papers to the RAW room (Reading & Writing help) MDB 2401
- Sign your name on the RAW Center door (2401D)
- Wait for your name to be called then sign in on the computer at the desk
- Each student is allowed 20 minutes per session to work with an English or ESL instructor.
We were honored to win the "What's Right at LPC" award.
Last updated: February 08, 2017