Welcome to the
Las Positas Tutorial Center
in the Study, Tutoring, and Reading Room (STaRR)
The Tutorial Center is closed for the summer.
Please visit us starting the first day of school, August 17, 2016
Have a wonderful summer!
The Las Positas College Tutorial Center
Located on the LPC Campus in the Multi-Disciplinary Building (MDB), room 2401
- Appointment tutoring
- Drop-in tutoring
- Group sessions
- LPCTutorLink (Class tutoring for selected sections of math)
- TAGS (Tutor Assisted Group Study)
- Reading &Writing Center (RAW)
- Relaxed Study
The LPC Tutorial Program is dedicated to students' educational success by providing quality learning support relevant to their individual needs. We seek to provide services that will help students become independent learners and function successfully in an academic environment. We strive to create a positive and encouraging atmosphere for all students who use our services.
In order to receive FREE tutoring through the Tutorial Program,
you must be an LPC student and registered in the LPC class for which you need assistance.
What are the three ways to register for tutoring?
- If you want scheduled tutorirng -- Fill out the "Request Form" on campus in the Tutorial Center (MDB 2401)
- If you want scheduled tutoring but you aren't on campus -- Fill out the request form on this website and send it to us.
- If you want drop-in tutoring--Check the list on this website and come in. No registration needed ahead of time.
Asynchronous Online MathTutoring
You may submit math questions at:
How do I get reading & writing help--in person and online?
Bring your papers to the RAW Center (Reading & Writing Center) MDB 2401
- Sign in on the computer at the desk
- Sign your name on the RAW Center door (2401D)
- Wait for your name to be called.
- Each student is allowed 20 minutes per session to work with an English or ESL instructor.
- Submit a paper online at email@example.com
We were honored to win the "What's Right at LPC" award.
Last updated: May 13, 2015