OR Attend an assessment session during the dates and times listed below for English, Math, Chemistry, English as a Second Language (ESL), Spanish and French placements.
- All students (new, continuing and returning) are encouraged to take the Guided Self-Placement for first-level transfer English and Math placement.
- English Guided Self-Placement Information.
- The English and Math Guided Self-Placements may be completed online remotely. It is not necessary to come to the Assessment Center, but we welcome you if you need some assistance!
- No appointments are needed.
- Guided Self-Placement or Multiple Measures will be used for English and Math course placements.
- The Chemistry assessment is for students who want to place directly into Chemistry 1A and will take approximately 45 minutes.
- The English as a Second Language (ESL) assessment is for students who want to improve English reading, writing and communication skills and will take approximately 2.0 hours.
- The Spanish and French assessments are for students who want to place in higher level language courses and have previous language experience.
Use the study guides for Chemistry and ESL for preparation prior to testing.
|Wednesday||8/21/2019||1:00 pm-4:00 pm|
|Thursday||8/22/2019||1:00 pm-4:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8/27/2019||4:00 pm-7:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8/28/2019||1:00 pm-4:00 pm|
|Thursday||8/29/2019||9:00 am-12:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9/3/2019||4:00 pm-7:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9/4/2019||1:00 pm -4:00 pm|
|Thursday||9/5/2019||9:00 am -12:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9/10/2019||4:00 pm -7:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9/11/2019||1:00 pm -4:00 pm|
|Thursday||9/12/2019||9:00 am-12:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9/17/2019||4:00 pm-7:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9/18/2019||1:00 pm-4:00 pm|
|Thursday||9/20/2019||9:00 am-12:00 pm|
|Tuesday||9/24/2019||4:00 pm-7:00 pm|
|Wednesday||9/25/2019||1:00 pm-4:00 pm|
|Thursday||9/26/2019||9:00 am-12:00 pm|
*** Students must have a photo ID and "W" ID number to test***
The Las Positas College Assessment Center provides English, Math, English as a Second Language and Chemistry, French and Spanish placement for Las Positas College students only. Due to our space limitations, we are not able to provide assessment testing for students who attend or plan to attend another institution. We also are not able to proctor exams for students taking courses with other institutions. If you would like a protor referral, please call 925-424-1475.
For more information please contact:
Mondays 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesdays 10:30 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesdays 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Thursdays 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Fridays 9:00 am - 1:00 pm