- Counseling Home
- Meet Our Counseling Staff & Faculty
- Preparing to see a Counselor
- Counseling Services
- Counseling Forms
- Counseling Courses & Workshops
- Degree & Certificate
- Student Support Programs
- Student Success Communities
- Stress, Anxiety & Depression Support
- Useful Tips for College Students
- Counseling FAQs
Welcome to the Las Positas College Counseling Department!
Professional counselors are available to assist current and prospective students in identifying, clarifying, and reaching their educational and career goals. Counselors provide Academic, Transfer, Career, Personal, and Online counseling services. All counseling sessions are confidential.
How can you see a counselor?
Currently due to the COVID-19 Shelter In Place, all of our counseling services have been moved remotely and are available through Cranium Cafe by ConexED: online, chat, phone, or email. Drop-in counseling is available during our regular business hours, but may be subject to change if counselors are not available or over-booked. A drop-in session is limited to 20 minutes. If you send an email, please expect a response within 3-5 business days.
Cranium Cafe Instructions - Setup Account
Prepare for your online meeting by confirming that you have the necessary equipment. In order to successfully meet online with a counselor, you must have the following technical requirements.
- Desktop or laptop.
- Please use the latest version of Chrome or Firefox as your internet browser. Apple Safari is not supported at this time.
- Have a webcam to fully engage with a counselor.
- If you have a headset or earbuds with a microphone, please use them to improve the sound quality of your meeting.
- Test out your internect connection, webcam, and audio
- Troubleshooting for iPhone & iPad IOS Applications, and unblocking macOS browser camera/mic access
Click on "See a Counselor" to enter virtual lobby.
Cranium Cafe next steps:
- Click on "Agree" after reading the Informed Consent Statement.
- Click on the Canvas icon to log in using your Canvas sign on (if you have one). Otherwise, log in using Gmail or create an account.
- Authorize Cranium Cafe to access your student account.
Students are seen on a first-come, first-served basis. Drop-in time may end 30 minutes early, depending on the number of students waiting in the lobby.
If students do not have access to a computer or have technical issues, then the counselor will ask for the student's phone number to provide counseling by phone. Please be advised that you will see the phone number blocked since our staff is calling remotely from off-campus. If you are expecting a call from us, please accept a blocked number as it is likely to be from our staff.
Please note: During peak registration times, counselors are only able to create 1-2 semester educational plans so that they can focus on the immediate needs of students wishing to enroll in courses for the upcoming semester.
Tuesday, March 10, 2020
9am - 4pm Closed
4pm - 7pm open for drop-in
Due to Flex Day Activities
Office Hours & Contact Info:
Closed: weekends & holidays
Hours are subject to change
Call Us: 925.424.1400
Building 1600, First Floor
Counseling Appointment Schedule