VETERANS WORK STUDY POSITIONS
OPEN FOR SPRING 2013
$8.00 per hour (tax free)
(up to 20 hours/week)
LAS POSITAS COLLEGE VETERANS OFFICE
ALAMEDA COUNTY VETERANS SERVICE OFFICE
( Eastmont Mall in Oakland and the Social Service Office in Hayward)
(please submit resume and VA Workstudy Application to the Las Positas College Veterans Office - they will be forwarded to the Livermore VA Hospital representative - Sue Scott)
VA WORKSTUDY PROGRAM at LAS POSITAS COLLEGE
Eligibility: Any student who has been awarded education benefits under Chapters 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 1606, 1607, or VRAP and is attending school at least ¾ time is eligible.
- Ability to speak and write effectively
- Working knowledge of computers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Knowledge and interest in Veterans’ programs
- Posses a high level of initiative
Description of Responsibilities:
- Responding to telephone inquiries from veterans, military personnel, and students applying for or participating in VA education benefits programs
- Filing, photocopying and mailing documents and education forms
- Preparing outreach information (flyers, brochures, newsletters) for distribution
- Assisting with enrollment certification to the VA
- Provide service with other veteran projects as needed
- The student will be provided on-the-job training in the use of the office computers and programs.
- The student will participate in various training programs to learn policies, procedures and regulations.
- The student pay rate is the State of California minimum wage of $8.00 per hour.
- Work study students may work up to a maximum amount of 20 hours per week. Work hours will be flexible with the student's class schedule, but each term the establishment of a regular schedule is required based on mutual agreement, considering the student's class schedule and the Veteran's office hours, and is expected to be adhered to.
- The student must submit a class schedule to the LPC VA Office each semester.
An application (you may download it VA Workstudy or obtain a paper copy from the VA Office)
A current resume must be submitted with the application
Student's class schedule and anticipated days and hours of availability of the current term (an/or future term if pre registered) must be submitted with the application.
Completed application, resume, and schedule must be submitted to the Building 1500 Front Desk Receptionist or directly to Todd Steffan, Veterans Coordinator, Rm. 1317.
Todd Steffan, Veterans Coordinator
Las Positas Veterans First OfficePhone: (925) 424-1571 Email: email@example.com