- Financial Aid Home
- Información de la Ayuda Financiera
- AB19 The California College Promise Scholarship
- Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- Aid - Financial Aid Programs
- After You Apply - What's Next?
- BankMobile Refunds
- California College Promise Grant (formerly BOGW Fee Waiver)
- CLASS-Web - How To
- Complete Withdraw After Receiving Aid
- Cost of Attendance
- Dream Act (AB 540)
- FATV (Financial Aid TV)
- Federal Direct Loan
- Federal Tax Benefits and 1098-T
- Federal Work-study Jobs
- Financial Aid Staff
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Get SAP Counseling Sessions for Reinstatement Petition
- Helpful Resources
- Manage Your Money
- Net Price Calculator
- Pell Grant Chart 2019-2020
- Purpose of Financial Aid
- Refund (Payment) Dates
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- The Zone - How To
- Understanding My Responsibilities
California Dream Act
The Dream Act is really two laws that were passed in 2011 and allow AB 540 students to apply for and receive several types of financial aid, including:
- California College Promise Grant Fee Waivers
- State financial aid like Cal Grants and Chafee Grants
- Assistance from EOPS, CARE, or CalWORKs
- Privately-funded scholarships
Resources for California Dream Act Application (CSAC)
https://www.csac.ca.gov/post/resources-california-dream-act-application - FAQs, Parent Signature Forms, etc.
What is an AB 540 student?
You are an AB 540 student, and exempt from paying non-resident enrollment fees, if you meet all of the following criteria:
- Attended a California high school for at least three years;
- Graduated from a California high school, got a GED or passed the California High School Proficiency Exam;
- Are registered or enrolled at a California community college;
- If required, complete an affidavit saying you have filed (or will file when you are eligible to do so) for legal immigration status.
Please contact Admissions Office to determine if you are AB 540 eligible.
Available Types of Aid:
Several types of state and institutional aid are available to AB 540 students as a result of the California Dream Act.
California College Promise Grant Fee Waiver
Waives community college's $46/unit enrollment fees for eligible students
*CA College Promise Grant Fee Waiver or California Dream Application.
*If you require a paper Fee Waiver application, please ask.
Assistance from EOPS, CARE, or CalWORKs
Services offered varies; may include services such as tutoring, book vouchers or other
types of financial aid for those who meet specific eligibility requirements
See department for Institutional application.
Cal Grant A or Cal Grant B
Community College Transfer Entitlement
March 2 and September 2
Financial Aid Office, or California Student Aid Commission Grant award covering tuition and education-related expenses when transferring to an eligible Baccalaureate degree granting institution. California Dream Application* and GPA Verification Form. LPC will provide a GPA Verification ONLY if you haver completed 16 units (this does NOT include Basic skills or ESL courses) prior to Spring term. If not, your high school must send in a GPA verification.
Cal Grant B -Entitlement
Cal Grant C
Complete by March 2
Financial Aid Office, or California Student Aid Commission
Grant award covering education-related expenses for occupational or career technical programs. California Dream Application*, Cal Grant C Supplemental Application, and High School or Community College GPA Verification Form.
* To apply for any or all of the financial aid programs requiring the California Dream Application, you only need to complete and submit ONE application.
Drop-In Hours - unavailable at this time
Please email us at email@example.com
Monday: 9am - 5pm
Tuesday: 9am - 7pm
Wednesday: 9am - 5pm
Thursday: 9am - 5pm
Friday: 9am- 1pm
Federal School Code:
We have an after-hours DROPBOX located in the hallway between the Admissions and Financial Aid Offices, for your convenience.
- FAFSA- FREE Application for Federal Student Aid
- FSA Phone: 1-800-433-3243
- FSA ID Assistance: 1-800-557-7394
California Dream Act (AB 540 eligible)
Financial Aid TV Videos
LPC Veterans First Program