- Financial Aid Home
- Información de la Ayuda Financiera
- Verify My Application
- AB19 The California College Promise Scholarship
- Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- Aid - Financial Aid Programs
- After You Apply - What's Next?
- BankMobile Refunds
- California College Promise Grant (formerly BOGW Fee Waiver)
- CLASS-Web - How To
- Complete Withdraw After Receiving Aid
- Cost of Attendance
- Dream Act (AB 540)
- FATV (Financial Aid TV)
- Federal Direct Loan
- Federal Tax Benefits and 1098-T
- Federal Work-study Jobs
- Financial Aid Staff
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Get SAP Counseling Sessions for Reinstatement Petition
- Helpful Resources
- Manage Your Money
- Net Price Calculator
- Pell Grant Chart 2019-2020
- Pell Grant Chart 2020-2021
- Purpose of Financial Aid
- Refund (Payment) Dates
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- The Zone - How To
- Understanding My Responsibilities
AB 540 & the California Dream Act
The Dream Act are two laws that passed in 2011 that allow AB 540 students to apply for and receive several types of financial aid, including:
- California College Promise Grant Fee Waiver
- Promise Scholarship
- State financial aid such as Cal Grants and Chafee Grants
- Assistance from EOPS, CARE, or CalWORKs
- Privately-funded scholarships
Who is Eligible?
You are an AB 540 student, and exempt from paying non-resident enrollment fees, if you meet all of the following criteria:
|Attendance Requirement||Completion of a Course of Study|
- You will need to submit documents to Admissions and Records to establish AB 540 status.
- If required, complete an AB 540 affidavit saying you have filed (or will file when you are eligible to do so) for an immigration status.
Please contact Admissions Office to determine if you are AB 540 eligible.
Tuition Difference After You Establish AB 540 Status
CA Resident Tuition
for Fall and Spring
Nonresidents (taking 12 semester units)
for Fall and Spring Semester
|Las Positas College||$1,104||$8,064|
Types of Aid Available for AB 540 Students
Several types of state and institutional aid are available to AB 540 students as a result of the California Dream Act.
California College Promise Grant Fee Waiver
Waives community college's $46/unit enrollment fees for eligible students
*CA College Promise Grant Fee Waiver or California Dream Application.
*If you require a paper Fee Waiver application, please ask.
California Promise Scholarship at LPC
If you don't qualify for a Pell grant, you may qualify for a $600/semester if you take 12 units or $450/semester if you take 9 units. Just submit your FAFSA and we will consider you for the grant. You can find the eligibility requirements here: AB 19 The California College Promise Scholarship
Assistance from EOPS, CARE, or CalWORKs
Services offered varies; may include services such as tutoring, book vouchers or other
types of financial aid for those who meet specific eligibility requirements
See department for Institutional application.
Cal Grant A or Cal Grant B
COMMUNITY COLLEGE TRANSFER ENTITLEMENT
Deadline March 2 and September 2
Financial Aid Office, or California Student Aid Commission Grant award covering tuition and education-related expenses when transferring to an eligible Baccalaureate degree granting institution. California Dream Application* and GPA Verification Form. LPC will provide a GPA Verification ONLY if you have completed 16 units (this does NOT include Basic skills or ESL courses) prior to Spring term. If not, your high school must send in a GPA verification.
Cal Grant B -Entitlement
Cal Grant C
Complete by March 2
Financial Aid Office, or California Student Aid Commission
Grant award covering education-related expenses for occupational or career technical programs. California Dream Application*, Cal Grant C Supplemental Application, and High School or Community College GPA Verification Form.
* To apply for any or all of the financial aid programs requiring the California Dream Application, you only need to complete and submit ONE application.
Resources for Dreamers
CSAC Resources for California Dream Act Application - FAQs, Parent Signature Forms, etc.
All Staff are Working Remotely at this Time
Cranium Cafe Hours
Phone or Videochat
Summer Hours (June - July)
Monday: 9am - 5pm
Tuesday: 9am - 6pm
Wednesday: 9am - 5pm
Thursday: 9am - 4pm
Federal School Code:
We have an after-hours DROPBOX located in the hallway between the Admissions and Financial Aid Offices, for your convenience.
- FAFSA- FREE Application for Federal Student Aid
- FSA Phone: 1-800-433-3243
- FSA ID Assistance: 1-800-557-7394
California Dream Act (AB 540 eligible)
Financial Aid TV Videos
LPC Veterans First Program