- Administrative Services Home
- Bulletin Board
- Staff Directory
- Grant Process
- Payroll, HR, and Hiring
- Employee Handbook
- Facilities Requests and Rentals
- Secure Shredding
- Certificate of Liability Insurance
- Student Insurance
- CARES Act Institutional Aid Reporting
- Child Development Center
- Information Technology
- Campus Safety
A budget string (aka FOAP) is comprised of four sets of numbers and follows the sequence of [Fund]-[Organization]-[Account]-[Program]. The Fund indicates the funding type: General Fund Unrestricted, General Fund Restricted, Bond Fund, Child Development Fund, Grant, etc. The Organization indicates where the fund is housed under and who manages the fund. The Account is a classification of expenditure (i.e. salaries, benefits, supplies, etc.) or revenue (Federal, State, Local, etc.). The Program (aka TOP code) identifies the discipline/department for the instructional activities (0100-4900) as well as non-instructional activities (6000-7900). Click here to see a comprehensive list of LPC's Chart of Accounts.
District-Clearing FOAPs follow this structure:
Fund: begins with a 1, 3, 4, 5, or 6,
Org: begins with a 3
Account: 4xxx-7xxx (expenses) or 8xxx (revenue)
Program: begins with 0-7 (expenses) or 8 (revenue)
ASB FOAPs follow this structure:
Org: 39330 (always)
Account: 4xxx-7xxx(expenses) or 8890 (revenue)
Program: 690200 (expenses) or 880000 (revenue)
Co-Curricular FOAPs follow this structure:
Org: 39340 (always)
Account: 4xxx-7xxx (expenses) or 8890 (revenue)
Program: 693400 (expenses) or 880000 (revenue)
Managing Your Budget
Budget Journals are used for the purpose of establishing beginning budgets, budget revisions, or reallocating your budget to cover expected or unexpected expenses. If you have upcoming expenses that will post to an account that you do not currently have an established budget for, or you do not have sufficient funds available in the account, please be sure to submit a Budget Transfer in CLASS-Web (for 4xxx to 7xxx accounts) or a Budget Journal Form (for 1xxx to 2xxx accounts) along with, or prior to, submitting your request form that will encumber funds in your budget (e.g. Requisitions, Disbursement Requests, Conference Expense Claims, etc.). You are encouraged to monitor your budget regularly and submit the appropriate Budget Transfer in a timely manner to avoid overspending your budget.
When do I use CLASS-Web?
CLASS-Web must be used if your request falls under all of these conditions:
- Budget Transfers only (e.g. existing budget only, not new allocations)
- The fund number starts with a "1" or "3" (e.g. 103001) (no ASB or Co-Curricular funds)
- All accounts involved in the transfer range from 4000 - 7000 (salary and benefits accounts cannot be done on CLASS-Web)
If you do not have access to follow the steps in CLASS-Web, fill out District IT's Technology Access Form and submit to your supervisor for approval.
Budget Transfers - CLASS-Web Instructions (see pages 8-9 for instructions on approving budget transfers in CLASS-Web).
Flowchart: Budget Transfers
- Log into CLASS-Web.
- Navigate to the Budget Transfer link under the Financial Information tab.
- Enter your budget transfer directly in CLASS-Web.
- Notify your supervisor of the pending Budget Transfer for approval.
Budget Transfers submitted via CLASS-Web are routed from the initiator to the first approver (supervisor), then to Administrative Services. After Administrative Services approves the budget transfer, your changes will reflect in Banner and on CLASS-Web.
When do I use the Budget Journal form?
The Budget Journal form must be used if your request falls under all of these conditions:
- Budget Transfers or Budget Setups
- The fund number starts with a "4," "6," or "9" (includes all ASB & Co-Curricular funds)
- At least one account involved begins with a "1" or "2" (e.g. 2303-Overtime)
Flowchart: Budget Transfers
- Fill out all necessary information on the Budget Journal Form.
- Submit the form to your department's Administrative or Executive Assistant for review.
- Budget Journals under $1,000 require one Administrator approval. Budget Journals of $1,000 or more require Vice President approval.
- Once final approval is obtained, the Business Office will enter your Budget Journal into Banner. You will receive an automated email with a link to view or download a completed copy of the form.
Viewing Your Budget Activity
You can view the summary and activity of your budget on both CLASS-Web and Banner. You are advised to monitor your budget regularly to ensure you have sufficient funds in all needed accounts.
In addition to the instructions below, you may click here for a helpful PDF on how to view your budget in Banner 9.
- Log into Banner.
- Access FGIBDST.
- Enter your Org, Fund, and Program codes in their respective fields. Leave the Account field blank so that all accounts under your budget are displayed. Also ensure that the Fiscal Year is set to the desired year ("20" is 2019-2020, "21" is 2020-2021, etc.).
- Press Alt+Pg. Down
- Your budget should be displayed for you, sorted by account.
- Adjusted Budget: your loaded budget for the Fiscal Year.
- YTD Activity: all currently posted year-to-date transactions for that account.
- Commitments: total amount of commitments that are pending and have not yet posted to the account.
- Available Balance: the amount of money you have unspent and unencumbered in the account.
- Note: accounts will be displayed if there is activity in the account, either from loading the budget, posted transactions to the account, or pending commitments. If you do not see an account code in your budget, this does not mean the account does not exist or that you cannot use it. If you do not have any budget allocated to an account, nor do you have any activity in the account, it will not be displayed. However, once there is activity in the account (from a Budget Transfer, Disbursement Request, etc.), the account will display and reflect the activity.
- To view specific transactions within an account, highlight the account using your mouse or arrow keys, then click on the amount listed in its respective "YTD Activity" field. Next, press F3 or click "Related" --> "Transaction Detail Information [FGITRND]." This will display all posted transactions for that account. The same steps can be done for Commitments as well.
- Log into CLASS-Web.
- Click on the Financial Information tab, then click the Budget Queries link.
- Type: "Budget Status by Account."
- Click the Create Query button.
- Only the following fields should be check-marked:
- Adopted Budget
- Adjusted Budget
- Year to Date
- Available Balance
- Click the Continue button.
- Adjust your settings to the following:
- Fiscal Year: [select the appropriate year]
- Fiscal Period: "14"
- Fund: [enter fund code]
- Organization: [enter org code]
- Account: "%" (this is a wild card -- it will capture all accounts under the Fund and Org codes)
- Program: [enter program code] (may leave blank if multiple program codes are budgeted)
- If you wish, you may save these settings as a query to retrieve at any future time. To do this, enter a label in the Save Query as: field.
- Click the Submit Query button.
For more information please contact:
Administrative Services Technician
Administrative Services Officer