- Financial Aid Home
- 2022-2023 Pell Grant Chart
- Important FA Policies to Know (PDF)
- AB 19 Promise Scholarship
- All Types of Financial Aid
- Apply for Financial Aid
- BankMobile Disbursements
- California Dream Act and AB 540
- Covid Emergency Grants
- CCPG Fee Waiver
- Cost of Attendance
- Dates and Deadlines
- FA Forms and Petitions
- EFC Appeal/Special Circumstances Petition
- FAFSA Eligibility Requirements
- FA Payment Dates
- Federal Direct Loans
- Federal Work-Study Jobs
- Foster Youth Resources
- Glossary and Financial Literacy
- Net Price Calculator
- Policies & Procedures
- Resources for LPC Students
- Sample Award Notification
- Tax Information (1098-T)
- Verify My Application
- Financial Aid for Veterans
What is Federal Work-Study?
Federal Work-Study (FWS) is a form of financial aid provided to students who demonstrate financial need. The program is designed to provide part-time employment for students who have established eligibility. FWS is employment financed with federal funds. Students receive a monthly paycheck for hours worked (the hourly rate currently ranges from $15.00-$15.50/hour).
- The total a student may earn depends on the student’s unmet financial need and the amount of the FWS award the student is offered, which is determined by the Financial Aid Office.
- FWS jobs on-campus allow students to work in-between their classes, and offer excellent opportunities for work experiences, sometimes in the student’s academic field.
- There are also positions designed to assist students in providing service to the community which may be located off campus. To find out about FWS positions available, contact the financial aid office or review our list of currently open positions (See link above).
- Positions are filled on a first-come-first served basis, and usually require an interview to be hired.
- Students should be prepared to submit a resume or list of work experience and available hours when applying. Federal Work-study positions are considered as part of the student’s financial aid award.
Steps to apply for Federal Work-Study?
- Complete your *FAFSA application early (https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa)
*Choose “yes” when asked on your FAFSA application if you are interested in Federal Work-Study
- Find a job at (http://www.laspositascollege.edu/financialaid/fws.php)
- Contact the hiring supervisor, be sure to have a prepared resume, and available hours for the term
Student Assistant Positions
These on-campus positions are funded by individual departments of the college. No Financial Aid application is required. Areas of campus which typically hire are the Bookstore (Bldg. 1300), Learning Resource Center (Bldg. 2100), Disabled Student Services (Bldg. 1600), Tutorial Center (Bldg. 1000) and Physical Education Department (Bldg. 2200).
Financial Aid Office
Las Positas College
3000 Campus Hill Drive
Building 1600, Room 1650
Livermore, CA 94551
Fax: (925) 449-6038
Cranium Café - Speak to an advisor Online
Tuesday 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
Please Note: We have an after-hours DROPBOX located in the hallway between the Admissions and Financial Aid Offices, for your convenience.
Federal School Code
- Financial Aid in Six Steps Flyer
- Important Dates & Deadlines
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Financial Aid Office Staff
- FAFSA- FREE Application for Federal Student Aid
- FSA Phone: 1-800-433-3243
- FSA ID Assistance: 1-800-557-7394