Items not allowed during testing:
- Calculators (except for Chemistry test)
- Books, notebooks or folders
- Food and Drink (you may bring water in a spill-proof container)
- English, Math and Chemistry Assessments may be taken once every 6 months.
- English as a Second Language (ESL) test may be taken once every 12 months.
- To retake an assessment before the time period has expired, submit an Assessment Test Challenge Petition to the Assessment Office 1642.
Exemptions from taking the English/Math Assessment may be granted for the following reasons:
- You already have a degree.
- You have been assessed previously at another college.
- You have AP scores of "3" or higher in either English or Math.
- You have a score of "College Ready" on both English and Math for the Early Assessment Program (EAP)
You will need to see a Counselor to have your exemption request approved. Please contact the Counseling Office at (925) 424-1400 for more information.