- Degrees & Certificates
- Course Descriptions
- Register for Classes!
- Actors Conservatory
- Technical Theater CTE
- Theater Arts AA/AA-T
- Performances & Events
- Wellness Support
- Inclusivity Statement
- Faculty & Staff
We are working hard for a safe environment.
Check out what we are doing below.
UPDATED AUGUST 1, 2022
Audiences at the Mertes Center for the Arts:
Until further notice, the Barbara F. Mertes Center for the Arts will be operating
under the protocols listed below. These restrictions are based in part on the COVID-19
metrics provided by the Alameda County Health Department.
- The Mertes Center has a maximum capacity of 450 people in the theater at one time. Capacity may or may not be limited for events.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask while on campus.
- The Mertes Center does not permit beverages or food on site. Concessions are asked to be enjoyed outdoors.
- Please note that patrons and performers coming to the Mertes Center MAY be required to answer show proof of vaccination.
- At this time, Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is under a vaccination mandate.
- At this time, students are required to be fully vaccinated in order to perform for a live audience.
PPE, Distancing, and Sanitizing:
- Masks are required indoors, and should be worn at all times during class by instructor, instructional support classified professionals, and students.
- Masks are not required outdoors.
- Physical distancing is not required but encouraged. .
- Everyone is encouraged to wash hands and utilize the additional sanitizing stations placed around campus regularly.
- High-touch surfaces are cleaned and disinfected daily by CLPCCD custodial services.
- Classrooms in which in-person classes are scheduled are set-up with a table stocked with PPE and sanitizing materials.
Health Screening and Attendance:
- Students, staff, and audiences should do a health screening for themselves at home
before they come to campus. They can use the CDC or Alameda County Health Symptom
Checkers tools, or use those websites to review the list of symptoms (see below).
Students, staff, and audiences should not come if they do not feel well, have any
COVID-19 symptoms, or have any exposure to an individual with COVID-19.
- CDC Self-Checker: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/coronavirus-self-checker.html (Links to an external site.)
- Alameda County Coronavirus Resource Center Symptoms Information: https://alameda.networkofcare.org/mh/library/article.aspx?hwid=ack8845#ack8847 (Links to an external site.)
Optimized HVAC Systems & Supplemental Filtration Options:
- “Air systems have been optimized for the amount of outside air being provided to indoor spaces, while maintaining the ability to deliver the District temperature range.” Please visit this page and scroll down for more information about Optimized HVAC Systems & Supplemental Filtration Options http://districtazure.clpccd.org/urgentalerts/safe-return-plans.php (Links to an external site.).
For questions or more information, please contact Titian Lish at firstname.lastname@example.org .