Theater Arts Program
This program fulfills typical lower-division requirements at four-year institutions. Some variation in requirements may exist at a particular four-year college or university; therefore it is essential that the student also refer to the catalog of the prospective transfer institution and consult a counselor.
“Every day I learn something new about my craft, whether it's through performances or classes. I fall in love with what I do more and more. " - Abby P.
Acting I, Acting II, Theater History, Modern American Theater, Fundamentals of Stage Speech, Children’s Theater, One-Acts, Musical Theater, Improvisation, Film to Stage, Film as Communication, Intro to Technical Theater, Technical Theater, Lighting Design, Costume Design, Theater Management, and Bay Area Theater Appreciation and more! Check the college catalogue for the most up to date information!
Associates Degree for Transfer (AA-T)
- Designed to provide knowledge, training, and practical experience in all aspects of theater arts.
- The benefit of transfer admission with junior status to the CSU and UC schools is of immeasurable value for our students.
- The ability to save money, work towards their major, and gain training and skill in a personalized environment such as ours, will only serve to better prepare them as artists and academics.
Associates Degree (AA)
- Allows students to graduate in 3+ years with an associate’s degree in theater by focusing their time it the theater program on areas of theater related to their own interest, from one of the following: Technical Theater, Performance/Acting, of Theater History/Theory.
- Students are given the opportunity to hand craft the program that most interests them.
- Not as readily transferrable as the AA-T. Program counseling by theater arts staff highly recommended.