- Counseling Home
- Meet Our Counseling Staff & Faculty
- Preparing to see a Counselor
- Counseling Services
- Counseling Forms
- Counseling Courses & Workshops
- Degree & Certificate
- Student Support Programs
- Student Success Communities
- Stress, Anxiety & Depression Support
- Counseling FAQs
Scheduling an In Person Counseling Appointment
In Person Counseling Appointments
- We offer 1 hour appointments or 30 minute appointments for currently registered students who would like to talk to a counselor.
- You may schedule an appointment in person at the counseling department located in building 1600, 1st floor (near the cafeteria) or over the phone at (925) 424-1400. We do not offer online scheduling at this time.
- Our department staff members will assist you in determining what length appointment is appropriate for your needs and the specific service that you need to see a counselor for.
- Counseling appointments are scheduled during the last week of each month, for the subsequent month. (Ex: Last week of September to see a counselor in October)
All official transcripts from other colleges/universities must be submitted to the Admissions & Records department before an appointment can be scheduled.
*Please note - appointments are not available during the first 2 weeks of each semester & the last 2 weeks of each semester.
Drop-In Quick Services
- Quick 15 minute meetings with a counselor are available to currently enrolled and prospective students.
- Unofficial transcripts may be brought in to a Drop-In session.
- Students log themselves in using their W# (Student ID) at window #1, and will be called by a counselor on a first come, first served basis.
- The ability to serve students on the "drop-in" list is based on the number of counselors available. Because of this, students who arrive later in the day may or may not be accommodated.
- During high demand registration times, the wait time to see a counselor is typically at a minimum one hour or longer. Please be sure to allow sufficient wait time for your visit.
- If your name is added to the "Drop-In" list and you choose to not wait in the counseling lobby, you must check back frequently. If you are not present when your name is called, you will be skipped or removed from the drop-in list.
- Prospective students will need to have one of our staff members input their names on the drop-in list
- Drop-in times are available during our open department hours: Monday & Thursday 9-5pm, Tuesday & Wednesday 9-7 pm, and Fridays 9-1pm.
(30 minutes or 1 hour)
- Long-term, comprehensive student education plan (SEP)(2+ semester plan)
- Evaluation of progress toward graduation or transfer
- University transfer planning
- Career/Major Exploration
- Probation/Dismissal status
- Evaluation of transfer credit from other colleges and universities
- Financial Aid education plan needed for financial aid appeal
- TAG – Transfer Agreement Guarantee Review for UC transfers
- ADT – AAT or AST degree planning
- Career Guidance and counseling
- Personal or Crisis counseling
- 1 or 2 semester education plan
- Questions about adding/dropping a class
- Steps for new students
- Questions related to prerequisite equivalencies and challenges and other petition processes
- General questions related to Las Positas certificates or major requirements
Counseling Appointment Schedule
November appointments are fully booked.
December Appointments (very limited)
You can book December appointments starting November 26.
Office Hours & Contact Info:
Closed: weekends & holidays
Call Us: 925.424.1400
Building 1600, First Floor