Veterans First Program
- Welcome and Announcements
- Priority Registration for Veterans
- Getting Started - VA Benefits
- Certify Classes for VA Education Benefits
- Veterans First Programs & Services
- Veterans Day Celebration-11/15/2023
- Special Projects & Programs
- Mission SERVE Newsletter
- Student Veterans Organization
- Operation Gateway #15
- Resources to Support Students
- 2.2 for 22 Challenge for Veterans
To receive the full housing allowance, students must register for one on-site, hi-flex or hybrid course.
New Student Veterans:
Send a copy of your DD214 and Certificate of Eligiblity to
Email Mr. Trevor Penero, Veterans Specialist
cLICK ON THE APPROPRIATE LINK BELOW TO CERTIFY YOUR COURSES
Click on the link above or scan the following QR Code:
Once submitted, the Veterans Specialist will review your courses against your Ed Plan. If you do not have an Ed Plan on file, this will delay the processing of your VA Education Benefits. Schedule an appointment now to meet with the Veterans Counselor.
Frequently Asked Questions
- If I make a change to my schedule, such as adding or dropping a class before the term
begins, how do I notify the LPC Veterans First Program?
A: Send an email to email@example.com with your adjustment information, such as what courses you dropped, and which courses you added.
- What does it mean when the course is offered at Chabot College? Will LPC certify courses
that I register for at Chabot College?
A: No. The Veterans Specialist will send a Parent letter to Chabot College confirming that the course registered for at Chabot College is on your Educational Plan. The Veterans Center at Chabot College will certify your course as a “guest” student.
- What if I made an error on my schedule, for example, entered the wrong start/end dates
for a course or entered the wrong units, will I need to re-submit info in CANVAS?
A: No. The Veterans Specialist will verify the data before it is submitted to the Dept of VA. If there are any discrepancies on the form, the Veterans Specialist will contact you before it is submitted to the Dept of VA.
- If I need help completing the Form, will someone help me?
A: Yes, simply visit the Virtual First Welcome Center via Zoom. Information is available on the Veterans First website.
Veterans First Program
Mailing Address & Location:
Hours (Subj. to Change) - eff 08/16/2023
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill