- Las Positas College
- Veterans First Program
- Mission & Goals
Veterans First Program
- Mission & Goals
- Veterans Outreach-Please Call Me
- Veterans First Program Team
- Donate Today! Invest in Veterans
- Scheduling Drop-in / Appointment with Veterans Counselor
- Priority Registration for Veterans
- Certify Classes
- Apply for VA Benefits
- Veterans Resource Center
- Veterans Work Study
- Fee Waiver for Veterans' Dependents
- SALUTE - Veterans Honor Society
- Mission: Leadership Updates Communication
- Vet Stories
- Past Events
- Mission SERVE Newsletter
- SVO Leadership
- Meeting Agenda / Minutes
Mission & Goals
The Las Positas College Veterans First Program provides support services to those who have served, currently serving in the armed forces, and also dependents and spouse of Veterans. We are primarily responsible for administration of veterans educational benefits programs. In addition, we provide other resources and contacts, such as career planning, financial aid, transition counseling services, and other needed services for our returning Veterans.
We encourage Veterans attending LPC to contact our office in person, virtually, by phone, or by e-mail with any questions that may pertaining to education, or any of VA Educational Benefits. We can and will assist with the application and certification of VA benefits at Las Positas College. Our goal is to provide our Veteran with services and resources that will assist them in achieving their educational goals.
What we have to offer:
- Assist you with a successful transition from Military to College.
- Provide clear and adequate information regarding the GI-Bill benefits process.
- Ensure required documentation and certifications of benefits are
processed in a timely manner.
- Inform you about all benefits and resources available.
- Build a partnership between LPC Veterans First Program, Community Veteran Organizations and Services, and you.
- Educate the college and community about the need for resources and assistance for you transitioning from military to college.
Various Benefits and Assistance we Provide:
- Veterans Resource Center ;
- Priority registration for ALL Veterans;
- GI Bill Application and Certification of GI Benefits;
- Various scholarships such as LPC Veterans First Scholarships;
- Operation Gateway: A Veteran’s Transition to Success;
- Las Positas College Veterans Book Program;
- Veterans Resource Center – A place to relax, study, or hang out with other Veterans;
- Veteran Mentorship Program;
- Job Links: Links and network of full time and part time jobs;
- Student positions on campus through both federal and VA Workstudy programs;
- Connection with the Las Positas College Student Veterans Organization;
- California State Fee Waiver program for spouses and dependents of Veterans
- Arranging a consultation with an academic counselor who will help you develop an individual education plan;
- Information about financial aid and how to apply for financial aid;
- Disability accommodations information as needed;
- Connection with VA Health Centers and Services;
- On-campus events and workshop
Las Positas College is a member of the
Principles of Excellence program
The Principles of Excellence program requires schools that get federal funding through programs such as the GI Bill to follow certain guidelines. Learn about these guidelines.
Schools that are a part of the program must:
- Give you a written personal summary of the total cost of your educational program,
- The costs covered by your benefits.
- The financial aid you may qualify for.
- Your expected student-loan debt after you graduate.
- Other information to help you compare aid packages offered by different schools.
- Give you an educational plan with a timeline showing how and when you can fulfill everything required for you to graduate.
- Assign you a point of contact who will give you ongoing academic and financial advice (including access to disability counseling).
- Allow for you to be gone for both long and short periods of time due to service obligations (service you must fulfill) for active-duty service members and Reservists.
- Make sure all new programs are accredited (officially approved) before enrolling students.
- Make sure their refund policies follow Title IV rules, which guide federal student financial aid programs.
- End fraudulent (deceitful) and aggressive methods of recruiting.
Veterans First Program
Location: 3000 Campus Hill Drive, Bldg. 1310, Livermore, CA 94551
Veterans Virtual Welcome Center
Online Zoom Meeting ID: 885 1925 8951 # (Password: veterans)
Zoom Phone Dial:
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll), or +1 346 248 7799 (US Toll), or +1 253 215 8782 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 885 1925 8951 # Password: 040665 #
Hours (Subj. to Change)
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill