The LPC Music Department offers world-class facilities, state-of-the-art resources, classes lead by accomplished, actively performing faculty that provide one-on-one attention to their students, and unique degrees and certificates for successful university transfer or direct entry into the music industry.
- Welcome & News
- Degrees & Certificates
- Performance Ensembles
- Ensemble Auditions
- Commercial Music
- Music Faculty
- The Job Market
- LPC Internship & Job Board
- Performing Arts
- Career & Technical Education
- Gainful Employment
- Advisory Board
LPC Music Department
Discover • Perform • Create • Excel
Follow your passions and join our supportive and nurturing community today!
The LPC Music Department strives to:
- Provide a rigorous, creative, and fun learning environment that prepares students for the real-world expectations of the music industry as well as 4-year music programs.
- Offer the highest quality professional education in a variety of musical disciplines and career pathways, including Performance, Music Business, Music Theory, Composition, Music History, Music Technology, and Music Education.
- Expose students to a variety of approaches to music making through the latest technology, equipment, research, and performance practice.
- Offer a Zero Discrimination Policy: Students of all backgrounds are welcome.
- Upcoming Concert Opportunities:
- LPC Announces two new certificates in Jazz Studies and Scoring for Film and Multimedia (effective Fall 2019)!
- The vocal department has expanded for Fall 2019 to include the very talented Ash Walker and Liesl McPherrin:
The LPC Music Department is highly encouraging online ticket sales to all events. This is in an effort to expedite the arrival experience, shorten lines, help events start on time, and to reduce excess paper use and waste.
Online tickets are priced at $10 – General Admission and $5 – Student, Staff, Senior, Military. There is a small service and processing fee for each transaction. These remain available for purchase up to the start of every event through our department website. All tickets sold through the Box Office are priced at $15 and will remain available to late arrivals.
For more information please contact:
Mertes Center for the Arts (Bldg 4000)
Las Positas College
3000 Campus Hills Drive
Livermore, CA 94551