The LPC Music Department offers world-class facilities, state-of-the-art resources, classes lead by accomplished, actively performing faculty that provide one-on-one attention to their students, and unique degrees and certificates for successful university transfer or direct entry into the music industry.
- Welcome & News
- Degrees & Certificates
- Performance Ensembles
- Ensemble Auditions
- Commercial Music
- Music Faculty
- All-Steinway School
- The Job Market
- LPC Internship & Job Board
- Performing Arts
- Career & Technical Education
- Advisory Board
Registration For Summer and Fall Music Classes is NOW OPEN
- Visit Admissions & Records today to complete your "Six Steps to Success".
- View our Program Offerings to plan out your goals. We offer an AA-T and AA in Music in addition to certificates in Music Business, Music Technology, Scoring for Film and Multimedia, Jazz Studies, and Piano Teaching Fundamentals (can be earned in just one semester), Teaching Beginning Piano, and Teaching Intermediate Piano.
- Join us, beginning June 2022!
LPC Music Department
Discover • Perform • Create • Excel
Follow your passions and join our supportive and nurturing community today!
The LPC Music Department strives to:
- Provide a rigorous, creative, and fun learning environment that prepares students for the real-world expectations of the music industry as well as 4-year music programs.
- Offer the highest quality professional education in a variety of musical disciplines and career pathways, including Performance, Music Business, Music Theory, Composition, Music History, Music Technology, and Music Education.
- Expose students to a variety of approaches to music making through the latest technology, equipment, research, and performance practice.
- Offer a Zero Discrimination Policy: Students of all backgrounds are welcome.
- We will be offering a Summer Jazz Camp from June 27-30 for Highschool students in
the Mertes Center for the Performing Arts. Join LPC Faculty and fellow Highschool students for 4 exciting days of learning, performing,
and having fun! Each day will be divided into various classes such as combos, jazz
theory, group lessons, arranging, composition, Latin jazz, and much more! The camp
will culminate in a final public performance on the Mertes Main Stage on June 30th.
Combos will be divided into intermediate and advanced. Please send at least one performance
sample video demonstrating jazz performance skills over a 12-bar blues of your choosing
to email@example.com no later than June 20th for placement.
Class is in person and requires vaccination status upload to register. To register go here: tinyurl.com/vx67tdf4
- In addition to GE's MUS 5, MUS 1, MUS 13, MUS 37, we will be offering several more specialized courses this Summer. Both of our Piano Pedagogy courses (Teaching Beginning Piano and Teaching Intermediate Piano) will be offered online as Fast Track options. MUS 44 Concert Choir, MUS 37 Music Industry Career Development, and MUS 6 Basic Music Skills will also be offered. Registration will open in April.
- With the addition of a new Steinway Model B Spirio Grand Piano, Las Positas College has joined an elite list of 111 schools worldwide with the All-Steinway School designation! We will be celebrating this milestone with a Gala Fundraising event on September 17th (Details TBA) to ensure that there will be adequate maintenance for the fleet of pianos as well as Steinway Artist Masterclasses for our students.
- Several remote performances from the 2020-2021 online school year have been published to the LPC Music Department YouTube Channel (please subscribe!)
For more information please contact:
Mertes Center for the Arts (Bldg 4000)
Las Positas College
3000 Campus Hills Drive
Livermore, CA 94551