The LPC Music Department offers world-class facilities, state-of-the-art resources, classes lead by accomplished, actively performing faculty that provide one-on-one attention to their students, and unique degrees and certificates for successful university transfer or direct entry into the music industry.
- Welcome & News
- Degrees & Certificates
- Performance Ensembles
- Ensemble Auditions
- Commercial Music
- Music Faculty
- The Job Market
- LPC Internship & Job Board
- Performing Arts
- Career & Technical Education
- Advisory Board
Registration Now Open for Fall 2020 Music Classes
- Visit Admissions & Records today to complete your "Six Steps to Success".
- View our Program Offerings to plan out your goals. We offer an AA-T and AA in Music in addition to certificates in Music Business, Music Technology, Scoring for Film and Multimedia, Jazz Studies, and a Fully Online Teaching Piano Certificate.
- View all Music Department Class Offerings for Fall 2020 to pick out your schedule and register
- View Ensemble Auditions page for necessary information about joining our performing ensembles. (*note we are currently planning for Fall 2020 to meet in-person though we are prepared to move to a fully online teaching modality. Your instructor will notify you of any changes to how the class will be taught.)
- Join us, beginning August 2020!
LPC Music Department
Discover • Perform • Create • Excel
Follow your passions and join our supportive and nurturing community today!
The LPC Music Department strives to:
- Provide a rigorous, creative, and fun learning environment that prepares students for the real-world expectations of the music industry as well as 4-year music programs.
- Offer the highest quality professional education in a variety of musical disciplines and career pathways, including Performance, Music Business, Music Theory, Composition, Music History, Music Technology, and Music Education.
- Expose students to a variety of approaches to music making through the latest technology, equipment, research, and performance practice.
- Offer a Zero Discrimination Policy: Students of all backgrounds are welcome.
Due to the Shelter-in-Place restrictions, all concerts are postponed or cancelled until further notice. Instructors and ensembles are working towards online alternatives and we hope to present recordings and 'concerts' on our YouTube Channel and our Facebook page in the near future.
- We are very excited to announce a brand new FULLY ONLINE Certificate of Achievement in Piano Teaching Fundamentals! All of these courses will be offered this Fall 2020 and the certificate can be earned in as little as ONE semester. If you have any interest in Music Education, we highly encourage you to join us this Fall!
For more information please contact:
Mertes Center for the Arts (Bldg 4000)
Las Positas College
3000 Campus Hills Drive
Livermore, CA 94551