Program Map Updates
- Guided Pathways Home
- Academic and Career Pathways
- Visual Arts, Performing Arts, and Design
- Business, Economics, Entrepreneurship, and IT
- Society, Culture, and Human Development
- Language, Literature, and Communications Studies
- Health, Wellness, and Public Safety
- Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, and Environment
- Advanced Manufacturing & Transportation
- Pathway Student Success Teams
- Program Map Process
- GP Steering Committee
- Student Involvement
- Faculty Support Resources
- Classified Support Resources
- Student Involvement
- Additional Resources
- Guided Pathways Completed Tasks
- Suggestion Box
- College Day 2023
Modifying Your Degree/Certificate Program Maps
Modified Program Process Involving Curriculum Changes
This website is designed to support our LPC community with the process from how to go from a faculty idea for MODIFYING an existing program to realizing these in program maps and career links that are student and community facing in our Academic & Career Pathway Degree & Certificate Maps and linking to Career Coach.
Process steps for modifying an existing program with curriculum changes.
Modifying an existing Program:
- Discipline Faculty: Identifies a need to modify an existing program that requires curricular changes.
Modified program is launched in CurricUNET. Curriculum resources are available on the Curriculum Committee Website.
Program Mapper & Career Coach Support Specialist reminds discipline faculty that collaboration with Curriculum Committee counseling representative has to occur and who the current Counseling Faculty representative is.
- Discipline Faculty: Review the Program-level Student Learning Outcomes, PSLOs, to see if they need to be modified. Information on Student Learning Outcomes are available on the SLO Committee website.
- Discipline Faculty will have a tech review process with the Curriculum Committe discipline faculty representative on curriculum materials prior to the Curriculum Committee reviewing the program. This process is supported within CurricUNET.
- Discipline Faculty will initiate collaboration with the Curriculum Committee counseling representative
to modify the program map. Please contact the Program Mapper & Career Coach Support Specialist to find out who the current Counseling Faculty representative is.
- To support your modification effort, every current degree and certificate maps, along with the corresponding internal program map pdf used to create them, are housed by disciplines here.
- Faculty and Curriculum Chair: The program modification is guided through Curriculum Approval Process. The Curriculum Committee will approve or deny the modified program. If the modified program is approved then...
Board of Trustees: The program will be agendized for the Chabot-Las Positas College Board to approve or deny the modified program. If the Board approves the program modification then....
- Curriculum Specialist: enters locally approved modifications in Chancellor’s Office Curriculum Inventory.
Curriculum Specialist: Enters program modifications in Banner, PSLOs in eLumen, and program modification information from 3 sources (COCI, Banner, eLumen). Please note that approvals in COCI will trickle in from the State and there can be a delay in when we receive notification and therefore can continue the process. Once modifications are approved in COCI then…
Program Mapper & Career Coach Support: Enters program modifications in our Academic & Career Pathway's Program Mapper and Career Coach (if necessary) via the authoring tool. The pdf used to modify the program map is posted to the Curriculum Committee Program Map website to be used in future updates.
- Program Modifications with Fall effective date: program maps and Career Coach links will be updated over the summer with a goal of publishing August 1st.
- Program Modifications with Spring effective date: program maps and Career Coach links will be updated over the winter with a goal of publishing January 10th.
If you need assistance, please contact us.
Return to the main page "Creating and Updating Your Program Maps Home Page" here.