Notice: The Tutoring Center is in the process of moving all tutoring online. We hope to have an online tutoring platform up and running by the end of March. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
In the interim, please supplement your tutoring needs with:
NetTutor on Canvas
Tutor.com (Princeton Review) from Livermore Public Library
Free online tutoring with your library card and computer or mobile device with Internet access. K-12 homework help in math, science, English, social studies and AP test support; career tutors for adult work skills, résumé-building, job interview help, GED testing; business and language tutors, Princeton Review expert SAT/ACT test prep. This resource is generously funded by Friends of the Livermore Library.
BrainFuse from Alameda County Library
Brainfuse is our live homework help eResource. With Brainfuse, you can get help with homework, take practice tests, submit your writing for professional feedback, create flashcards, and even meet virtually with friends and colleagues to collaborate on assignments. All you need is your library card and an internet connection.
Unlimited free drop-in tutoring for a variety of subjects is available in room 2401 for Las Positas students. The drop-in tutoring schedule is subject to change. Please see tinyurl.com/lpcdropin for the most up-to-date schedule.
Las Positas students can also receive more individualized weekly tutoring sessions with a peer tutor in a greater variety of subjects. All in-person scheduled appointments are made online at https://laspositas.go-redrock.com.
- Enter your username (zonemail username) and password (the first two letters of your first name, followed by the first two letters of your last name (all lowercase), followed by the last four digits of your W Number)
- Click login
- Click "Search Availability" on the left-hand side.
- Select "Scheduled Tutoring"
- Select the section/class you need tutoring for
- Click Search
- Select the day and time you would like tutoring
- Under "Reasons," select "Scheduled Tutoring"
- Under "Phone or email," enter the best method to contact you
- Under "Notes," enter the reason you are requesting tutoring.
- Click "Save"
The Tutoring Center is dedicated to students' educational success by providing free high-quality learning support relevant to the individual needs of the diverse student population. We strive to create a welcoming, empathetic, and supportive environment so all students can become independent, active, and life-long learners.
Located in room 2401 we provide:
- Drop-in tutoring including:
- weekly drop-in hours
- Reading & Writing Center (RAW)
- Prep2Pass (Finals preparation tutoring)
- Scheduled tutoring
- Online tutoring through Net Tutor
- Quiet rooms to study in
Spring 2020 Hours:
- Monday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday 9:00am - 6:30pm
- Wednesday 9:00am - 6:30pm
- Thursday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday 9:00am - 2:00pm
For more information please contact:
Tutorial Center: Room 2401
To receive free tutoring, you must be a current LPC student and registered in the LPC class for which you need assistance.
Drop-in tutoring: tinyurl.com/lpcdropin
- Scheduled tutoring: http://laspositas.go-redrock.com
- Online tutoring: http://www.laspositascollege.edu/onlinelearning/nettutor_faqs.php
- Quiet rooms for studying