- Las Positas College
- Student Learning Outcomes
- Completed Tasks
Student Learning Outcomes
- Student Learning Outcomes Home
- Handbooks and Frequently Asked Questions about SLOs
- 3-Year Assessment Cycle - explained
- SLO/SAO Planning Templates
- Completed 3-Year Assessment Plans by Division
- eLumen Login
- eLumen Info & Instructions
- Current SLO Listings
- Institutional Student Learning Outcomes
- Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Course Student Learning Outcomes
- SLOs for Students
- SLO Committee
- Completed Tasks
Committee Tasks for 2021-2022
- Reviewed and approved SLOs and SAOs
- Faculty trainings on how to disaggregate PSLO data for program review
- Collaborated with program review committee to create the SLO section of the program review
- Readers of program review
- Continued to provide training and to strategize how to institutionalize 3-year assessment cycle
- Monthly reports to academic senate
- Created 3-year planning templates to coordinate assessments of PSLOs and to ensure all courses, programs, and services are assessed
- Aided program review committee by providing information and guidance to the SLO section during their workshops
- Developed and published a Quick Guide for running reports for the annual program review.
- Flex day workshops
- Updated and published SLO Handbook on SLO website
- Updated SLO website with instructions on how to use eLumen
Committee Tasks for 2020-21
- Long-range SLO assessment planning was presented to Academic Senate Spring 2019 through the development of 3-year planning templates. In the current academic year, committee members have worked with departments and student services to complete their 3-year planning templates, which are now posted on the SLO Committee web-page.
- As readers of last year's Program Review, committee members gathered campus dialogue on SLO and SAO assessment.
- In support of the new 3-year planning template, with a focus on gathering PSLO data that can be disaggregated, we worked with the Program Review Committee to develop SLO questions for next year's Program Review.
- Presented at Flex Day (Fall and Spring) to train discipline SLO Coordinators on planning, designing, and analysis of CSLOs for discussion, and to use PSLO assessment to identify equity gaps. Data from SLOs can drive changes in pedagogy to improve and support student learning.
- Review of new or revised CSLOs, PSLOs, and SAOs
- Updated SLO Committee web-page to reflect updated approach to SLO assessment to make the process more meaningful while still meeting ACCJC standards.
- Developed a new SLO Handbook with eLumen instructions (last revised in 2016).
- Chair holds weekly office hours to support and train Discipline SLO Coordinators.
For more information please contact:
SLO Committee Chair
Curriculum & SLO Specialist