Las Positas College Student Veterans.

I may be eligible to attend LPC using VA Benefits. Who do I contact for this information?

The Veteran Services Office has been tasked by LPC to serve veterans who are using Veterans Administration (VA) Educational Benefits to pursue college degrees. They may be reached at (925) 424-1571.

What do I need to do to get my educational benefits started at LPC?

The first step would be to apply for admissions to Las Positas College. Once you are accepted you would need to contact the LPC Veteran Services Office to get the paperwork to start a file.

How do I start a file in the Veteran Services Office?

An eligible person needs to stop by the LPC Veteran Services Office and pick up an Information Packet, an application for benefits, a Department of Veterans Affairs Benefits Booklet, and a VA Evaluation of Course Requirements for Current Major form.

Do I need to bring any paperwork with me to the office?

If a student is a veteran and eligible for Ch. 30, Montgomery G.I. Bill, they would bring their member 4 copy of the DD-214. If they are eligible for Ch. 1606, Montgomery G. I. Bill – Reservists/National Guardsmen, they would need a Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE), DD-2384 form. This form may be picked up from their units Educational Officer. If they are eligible for 1607: Reserve Educational Assistance Program, they would need their orders calling them to active duty and their DD214 (member 4 copy) when released from active duty.

How do I find out if I have any benefits left?

Contact the Department of Veteran Affairs at 1-888-442-4551

Who do I contact is I questions concerning my Veterans Benefits payments, such as direct deposit account, payment amounts, etc.?

Contact the Department of Veteran Affairs at 1-888-GIBILL (1-888-442-4551) or
Visit and go to 1.) Questions and Answers or go to your 2.) Wave Account (If you have not set one up, be sure to do so.

Do I need to do anything once I request certification for my benefits with the LPC Certifying Official?

Only if you are Ch. 30 and 1606 students are responsible for verifying your own enrollment at the end of each month. You must do this to get your benefit check for school attendance the previous month. Contact the VA Regional Processing Office each month by phone at 1-877-823-2378 or on-line at

What do I need to do each semester once I register for my classes?

Visit the LPC Veteran Services Office to request certification of classes. Do this early (as soon as you register for your classes). If it is you are entering or nearing your second semester of recieving VA benefits at LPC, be sure you have a EVALUATION of COURSE REQUIREMENTS for CURRENT MAJOR completed and submitted to the LPC Veteran Services Office.

Las Positas Veterans First Program
Veterans Office
Veterans Resource Center
BLDG 1310
(next to the flag pole and book store)

Tel: 925.424.1570/1572
Fax: 925.424-1574

Veterans Office Hours and
Veterans Resource Center Hours


MON: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
TUES.: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
WED.: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
THURS.: 8:00 AM - 6:00 PM
FRI.: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Contact Us

Veterans First Office
Office: 1314

Todd Steffan
Veterans First Coordinator

Maggie Alvarez
Veterans Specialist/VA Certifying Official

Jose Calderon
Veterans Counselor

Gilberto Victoria
Veterans Counselor



Support the Veterans First Program

Additional Contact Information

Additional VA Contact Information


Las Positas College Foundation - A major supporter of the LPC Veterans First Program
A Supporter of the LPC Veterans First Program






Print this Page Email this Page

Page last modified: April 25, 2017