Teaching & Learning Center
Welcome to Las Positas College's Teaching and Learning Center website. In addition to providing an overview of Instructional Technology at LPC, this website is intended to resources, training, and support to faculty and staff in order to enhance student learning.
TLC Mission Statement
The mission of the Teaching and Learning Center is to inspire and enable faculty to enhance teaching and learning through the effective use of instructional technologies. Providing quality resources and focused training and support, the TLC is the hub of the college’s professional development activities that contribute to the pedagogical and technical knowledge of LPC faculty, staff and administrators. The TLC also provides leadership, coordination and planning of the college’s Distance Education efforts. Those efforts are manifested in exceptional, learner-centered courses that make use of innovative technologies and are accessible to a diverse group of students, including those with disabilities.
- Provide pedagogical and technical training and support to faculty integrating technology into their curricula, designing hybrid courses and designing online courses. This training and support are done face-to-face and online.
- Lead the Distance Education efforts in addressing and solving issues relating to all aspects of DE, including curriculum, strategic planning, policies and procedures, scheduling and writing reports.
- Coordinate the delivery of all web-enhanced, hybrid and online courses.
- Administer the Blackboard server to ensure continuous, optimal efficiency of courses.
- Train and support faculty and staff on how to make their web content accessible to all students, particularly those with disabilities.
The 1,879 square-foot TLC features 15 workstations, tables for discussion and laptop usage, wireless connectivity, a studio to record and process digital audio and video, and a Staff Development lounge.
The TLC's service hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. We are located in Room 2410 in the Multi-Disciplinary Building. To schedule an individual training session, call 925.424.1655 or 424.1654. The TLC is staffed by Jeff Sperry, Instructional Technology Support Specialist, and Scott Vigallon, Instructional Technology/Open Learning Coordinator.