Admission Requirements and Application
Las Positas College welcomes International Students!
Any person who is a high school graduate or equivalent thereof, or who is 18 years of age or older and who can profit from the instruction offered is eligible to apply for admissions to Las Positas College.
We accept applications on an ongoing basis and recommend that you apply early to allow time for the visa interview process. We begin to accept applications for our Spring Semester in mid-September and for our Fall Semester in mid-February. Due to college and visa processing times, our recommended deadlines are as follows:
Outside the U.S.
Within the U.S.
|Fall||July 1||August 1||Beginning - August||Mid - August|
|Spring||December 1||January 1||Beginning - January||Mid - January|
Applications received after these recommended deadlines will be considered on a case-by-case basis. We encourage you to apply early.
The following documents are required for admission as an International student. All forms, information, and documentation must be submitted by mail or fax before your application can be evaluated. The College will make every effort to advise prospective international students of their admission status as soon as possible after receiving the required documents.
Step 1 - Submit online application for admission
- Las Positas College Standard Application (you will be prompted to create a user account with OpenCCC prior to continuing on to the college application). Alternatively, you can complete the paper version here Las Positas College Standard Application (Paper) (590 KB PDF document, 4 pages)
Step 2 - Download and print the following application forms
- International Student Supplemental Application (463 KB PDF document,16 pages)
- Certificate of Financial Responsibility
- Bank Certification (showing more than $17,932)
- International Student Agreement
- Tuberculosis Test
- Medical Insurance Affidavit
- Statement of Purpose Essay
- Non-refundable Filing Fee ($100.00). To pay this fee by credit/ debit card, use our: Application Fee Payment by Credit or Debit Card Form
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (for Conditional Admission)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (for Full Admission)
- High School and University Transcripts (translated to English)
- Identification Photographs (2)
After arrival in the US, please provide the following:
- Copy of U.S. visa, passport biographic page, and Form I-94
- Proof of Medical Insurance
Step 3 - Transfer Verification Form
For Transfer Students attending another U.S. institution only. If you are NOT attending another U.S. institution, please go to Step 4.
Submit the International Student Transfer Verification Form (60 KB PDF document) if you are attending another U.S. institution. This form needs to be filled out by your CURRENT school's International Student Advisor or Designated School Official (DSO) and must show your last date of attendance.
- Transfer Verification Form from previous school
- Official transcript
- Copy of prior I-20
Step 4 - Submit the required forms by mail or fax
International Student Program Office
Las Positas College
3000 Campus Hill Drive
Livermore, CA 94551 USA
Fax to : +1 (925) 424-1877
Scan to: email@example.com
Note: You will need to download the free Acrobat Reader in order to view or print these documents.