- Instructional Transition Home
- Questions Related to Instructional Faculty & Staff
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for Students
- LPC Campus Resources for Students
- Supporting Students with WiFi/Tech
- OEI - How to keep teaching during an emergency
- OEI - Canvas Basics for Instructional Continuity
- OEI - Resource Videos for Faculty Learning shared by CCCs
- Emergency Blanket Distance Education Addendum
Emergency Blanket Distance Education Addendum
In the event of an emergency a college may request approval for a temporary blanket Distance Education Addendum from the state Chancellor’s Office to satisfy the requirements included in Title 5, section 55206. Such a request will be considered valid only for the designated time period and does not replace the standard local approval process.
To request a temporary blanket Distance Education Addendum please submit the following information to the Executive Vice Chancellor, Educational Services at email@example.com. Requests must be submitted by either the college president or chief instructional officer.
- Reason for the temporary Addendum request and the expected date courses will be converted and offered online. If this is a pre-emptive request please indicate as such and include the name(s) and contact information for personnel authorized to activate the Addendum. To activate an approved pre-emptive Addendum colleges will be required to send confirmation of activation and the anticipated start date.
- The range of courses to be included in the addendum. Colleges can include a list of courses or a copy of the current term course schedule indicating the included or excluded courses (ex. “all courses included except…”).
- A copy of any planned communication to students and faculty, including the support services or accommodations available for students with disabilities or limited access to technology.
- The anticipated Addendum end date, such as the end of term, or the conditions necessary for resuming face-to-face courses.