- Classified Senate Home
- Classified Senate Events and Fundraisers
- Constitution & By Laws
- Agendas & Minutes
- Local SEIU 1021
- Las Positas College Committes
- Classified Senate Committee Opportunities
- Las Positas Outstanding Classified Professional
- Classified Sentate Documents, Information, and Articles
- 21 Day Challenge - Spring 2022
- Las Positas College - Caring Campus
- Classified Leadership Institute for Professionals (CLIP)
- Classified Leadership In Mentorship Building (CLIMB)
- California Community Colleges Classified Senate (4CS)
- Classified Leadership Institute (CLI)
- Classified Senate Payroll Deduction Form (2022)
- CLPCCD Board Policies & Administrative Procedures
Las Positas College
Caring Campus Initiative
What is Caring Campus?
The Institute for Evidence-Based Change (IEBC) created Caring Campus based on research that shows students who feel more connected to their college are more likely to be retained, persist from semester to semester, and complete their academic goals.
The California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office (CCCCO) embraced the power of Caring Campus to support Guided Pathways statewide and the Vision for Success with funding for IEBC’s Caring Campus work with 18 colleges in 2018 and an additional 18 colleges in 2020.
“We are pleased to expand our partnership with IEBC’s Caring Campus program, integrating classified professional colleagues into student success strategies at 30 additional California Community Colleges,” said California Community Colleges Executive Vice Chancellor of Educational Services and Support Marty Alvarado. “Investing in this targeted support for our classified colleagues benefits all students and continues to be an important strategy for advancing the Vision for Success and Guided Pathways.”
CREATING CARING CAMPUSES – STAFF
Professional staff can have a great impact on students’ feelings of connectedness to the college.
Caring Campus is a proven method for engaging with professional staff that ensures their deep involvement in student success.
Learn more - https://www.iebcnow.org/caring-campus/
- Caring Campus Kick Off - Slide Deck 3/3/2022
- Caring Campus Engaging Professional Staff
- Caring Campus and Guided Pathways CA 2022
- Caring Campus Fortifies the Vision for Success 2021
- Community College Research Center - Research Brief 3/2021
- Caring Campus - College Day Presentation 8/16/2022
Monthly Senate Meetings
1:00 pm - 2:15 pm
Rm 1008 & Zoom
Caring Campus Meetings
1:00 - 2:15 p.m.
Governing Council Meetings
1:00 - 2:15 p.m.
Classified Senate President
VP of Activities & Communications
VP of Fundraising