- Financial Aid Home
- Información de la Ayuda Financiera
- AB19 The California College Promise Scholarship
- Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- Aid - Financial Aid Programs
- After You Apply - What's Next?
- BankMobile Refunds
- California College Promise Grant (formerly BOGW Fee Waiver)
- CLASS-Web - How To
- Complete Withdraw After Receiving Aid
- Cost of Attendance
- Dream Act (AB 540)
- FATV (Financial Aid TV)
- Federal Direct Loan
- Federal Tax Benefits and 1098-T
- Federal Work-study Jobs
- Financial Aid Staff
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Get SAP Counseling Sessions for Reinstatement Petition
- Helpful Resources
- Manage Your Money
- Net Price Calculator
- Pell Grant Chart 2019-2020
- Purpose of Financial Aid
- Refund (Payment) Dates
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- The Zone - How To
- Understanding My Responsibilities
Applying for Financial Aid FAQs
- Complete the FAFSA or the renewal FAFSA, preferably via FAFSA on the Web, or mail it to the processor as soon as possible after January 1 for the coming academic year.
- Paper FAFSA is available from campus financial aid offices. Read the application instructions carefully. When in doubt, call or visit the Financial Aid Office.
- Only if they are requested. See CLASS-Web for the requested requirements.
- Remember to include your name and social security number on all documentation submitted, including parent's documents.
- Yes! Keep copies of all forms completed and any materials used to prepare the forms, such as tax returns. It is a safety measure, should they be requested at a later time.
- As soon as possible starting October 1 but before March 2.
- If you missed the March 2nd Cal Grant Deadline, you can still complete the FAFSA or DREAM application. Even if you think that you may not be eligible, you should still complete a FAFSA or DREAM application. Remember, you must submit the correct FAFSA or DREAM application for the correct aid year. If you are unsure, please let us know.
If you submitted your FAFSA form online, your application will be processed within 3-5 days. If you submitted a paper FAFSA form, it will be processed within 7-10 days.
Please Note: The DREAM application takes much longer to process than the FAFSA. Please contact our office for details or contact the California Student Aid Commission at 1-(888)-224-7268.
Once your application is processed, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR), which summarizes the information you provided on your FAFSA form. Review your SAR, make sure all of the information is complete and accurate, and read any comments.
If there is any missing or incorrect information, you should complete or correct your FAFSA form as soon as possible.
One business day after your FAFSA form is processed, your information is made available to the colleges that you listed on your FAFSA form. Each college will use the information to determine your eligibility for federal and nonfederal student aid. The colleges you listed are responsible for creating your aid package and disbursing your financial aid. Most colleges do not create aid packages for every applicant who lists their college on the FAFSA. You must complete all of the college's requirements, such as applying for admission, in order for the college to create an aid package for you.
For questions about how much aid you might receive or when you might receive it, contact the financial aid office at the college you plan to attend. We will send an email to your Zonemail letting you know that we received your FAFSA.
To learn more about what to expect after you fill out and submit the FAFSA form, please click here.
If you need to make changes or corrections to your Student Aid Report, you can bring them to our office and we will submit them electronically to the Federal Processor for you. If you do not receive a Student Aid Report within 5 weeks of filing, you must follow up with the processor by calling 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243).
If your application has been selected for a process called verification by the Department of Education or by the College, Las Positas will notify you and request the additional documentation that is needed to complete your processing. You do not need to submit your SAR to our office if you have listed Las Positas College on your FAFSA. If you did not originally list Las Positas College, we will be able to request your record from the federal processor if you provide us with a duplicate/photo copy of your SAR or the DRN number. You also may call the Central Processor and request that Las Positas College be added to your SAR. Our school code is 030357.
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (also known as FERPA or the Buckley Amendment) limits access to educational records without expressed written consent.
- If you wish to have someone else speak to us on your behalf, you will need to submit a FERPA form. Student must ask for this form from our office. FERPA explained.
- Yes. However, once you have filed a FAFSA, you may be able to file a Renewal FAFSA the next year. It will not be nearly as complicated the second, third, or fourth time around.
- The Renewal FAFSA reminder email will be sent out to you and the information that you used last year with about 75% of the information on the form will be online when you login and click RENEWAL and the same as the information you filed the year before. Be sure to correct any information on the FAFSA that has changed. Also, be sure to correct any information that has changed since the previous year on CLASS-Web, especially new address, income and financial data.
Drop-In Hours - unavailable at this time
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday: 9am - 5pm
Tuesday: 9am - 7pm
Wednesday: 9am - 5pm
Thursday: 9am - 5pm
Friday: 9am- 1pm
Federal School Code:
We have an after-hours DROPBOX located in the hallway between the Admissions and Financial Aid Offices, for your convenience.
- FAFSA- FREE Application for Federal Student Aid
- FSA Phone: 1-800-433-3243
- FSA ID Assistance: 1-800-557-7394
California Dream Act (AB 540 eligible)
Financial Aid TV Videos
LPC Veterans First Program