- Financial Aid Home
- Información de la Ayuda Financiera
- AB19 The California College Promise Scholarship
- Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- Aid - Types of Financial Aid
- After You Apply - What's Next?
- BankMobile Refunds
- California College Promise Grant (formerly BOGW Fee Waiver)
- Class-Web - How To
- Complete Withdraw After Receiving Aid
- Cost of Attendance
- Dream Act (AB 540)
- FATV (Financial Aid TV)
- Federal Direct Loan
- Federal Tax Benefits and 1098-T
- Federal Work-study Jobs
- Financial Aid Staff
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Get SAP Counseling Sessions for Reinstatement Petition
- Helpful Resources
- Manage Your Money
- Net Price Calculator
- Pell Grant Chart 2019-2020
- Purpose of Financial Aid
- Refund (Payment) Dates
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- The Zone - How To
- Understanding My Responsibilities
Click on image for more details
Pedrozzi Foundation Scholarship
For students who graduated from any Livermore High School
Pedrozzi.org – applications are due March 2, 2020. Click on link for details.
RaiseMe partners with universities to offer students scholarships for their achievements during community college.
Free Workshops (see below)
It's Tax Season, Again! Get your taxes prepared for free!
CCPG Fee Waiver Information
The California College Promise Grant for California Residents (formerly known as the
BOG Fee Waiver) helps eligible students with tuition ($46 per unit). Link to Application and details.
AB 19 Promise Grant - Need Money for Books & Other Expenses? FLYER
Las Positas College has partnered with BankMobile Disbursements to deliver financial aid refunds and other credit balances to students. We are committed
to delivering 100% of students’ refunds, providing students with clear choices and
offering great customer service.
Do you need books for your classes?
Free Textbook Loaner Program (for fall/spring) brought to you by the Las Positas College Student Government. Please visit Student Life Office for details.
Financial Aid Book Loans - More Information
Free Preschool Program for Qualifying Families
- Click here for infomational flyer - 925-424-1560
There are currently no Federal Work-Study Jobs for spring.
Please check back.
Tri-Valley Career Center
Workshops, Employment Information, etc.
A new FAFSA must be filed every year starting October 1st. The Cal Grant deadline (through the FAFSA/Dream application) is March 2nd of every year. It is one application to apply for a Pell Grant, a Cal Grant, and Fee Waiver and it is by filing the FAFSA. Please read more on Cal Grants.
If you are filling out the DREAM application, it must be filed no later than March 2 of each year. But if you missed the March 2 deadline, you can file it at any time.
2019-2020 FAFSA is for a Fee Waiver for summer 2019, fall 2019, & spring 2020, Pell grant for fall 2019, spring 2020, summer 2020 (if eligible)
2020-2021 FAFSA is for a Fee Waiver for summer 2019, fall 2020, & spring 2021, Pell grant for fall 2020, spring 2021, summer 2021 (if eligible)
Year-Round Pell Grants
The U.S. Department of Education has recently implemented Year-Round Pell Grants, allowing students to receive up to 150% of a regular grant award over the course of the academic year (fall, spring, and summer) so that they can continue taking classes in the summer and finish their degrees faster than they would otherwise. Click here for more information regarding Year-Round Pell Grants.
Summer Pell Grants (Example)
Click here in regard to summer Pell Grants
Looking for a job or an internship?
Please review the Las Positas College Internship and Job Board at http://laspositascollege.edu/internship-job-board/
More than 100 jobs posted! Over 500 employers and over 900 students and alumni are
registered. Students have landed excellent positions, such as marketing internships
with the Transit Authority and IT positions at banks.
If students have questions, they can email WBL@laspositascollege.edu.
If you cannot find your Financial Aid Information on the Zone or CLASS-Web.
Reasons may be:
- You have NOT completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or DREAM Application or you have completed the incorrect aid year
- You have NOT entered our College/ Federal School Code (030357) in your submitted FAFSA or DREAM Application
- You have completed your FAFSA but we have NOT received it. It takes approximately 7-10 days after your FAFSA submission for us to retrieve your information (The DREAM Application takes much longer.)
Always double check:
- Make sure you have completed the correct FAFSA for the appropriate Financial Aid Year.
- Submit your FAFSA by using your FSA ID