- Financial Aid Home
- 2022-2023 Pell Grant Chart
- Understanding My Responsibilities (PDF)
- AB 19 Promise Scholarship
- Apply for Financial Aid
- California Dream Act and AB 540
- Cares Act Emergency Grants
- CCPG Fee Waiver
- Cost of Attendance
- Dates and Deadlines
- FA Forms and Petitions
- EFC Appeal/Special Circumstances Petition
- FAFSA Eligibility Requirements
- FA Payment Dates
- Federal Direct Loans
- Federal Work-Study Jobs
- Foster Youth Resources
- Glossary and Financial Literacy
- Net Price Calculator
- Policies & Procedures
- Resources for LPC Students
- Sample Award Notification
- Tax Information (1098-T)
- Types of Financial Aid
- Verify My Application
- Financial Aid for Veterans
Resources for students who have lost their jobs, have no insurance, etc. Pass it on to anyone who needs this information. PDF
FAFSA/DREAM Act Application
A new FAFSA/Dream Application must be filed every year starting October 1st. The Cal Grant deadline (through the FAFSA/Dream Act Application) is March 2nd of every year. It is one application to apply for a Pell Grant, a Cal Grant, and Fee Waiver and it is by completing the FAFSA. Please read more on Cal Grants.
2022-2023 FAFSA is for a Fee Waiver for summer 2022, fall 2022, & spring 2023, Pell grant for fall 2022, spring 2023, summer 2023 (if eligible)
2023-2024 applications available October 01, 2022. The Cal Grant deadline is March 2nd of every year. If you miss the deadline, it is OK to fill out the Federal FAFSA or state CADAA.
AB 540 (Undocumented) Students
If you are completing the DREAM Act Application, it must be submitted no later than March 2 of each year. But if you missed the March 2 Cal Grant deadline, you can still file the application to find out if you are eligible for a Fee Waiver or Cal Grant.
ATTENTION! Did your (or your family’s) income drop significantly in 2021 due to Covid or other reasons? If so consider filing a Special Circumstance/EFC Appeal AFTER we receive your initial 2022-2023 FAFSA results, or speak to a financial aid advisor. This allows us to reduce your FAFSA income so that you may qualify for financial aid, or for additional aid, based on your more recent financial situation instead of relying on 2020 information.
CCPG Fee Waiver Information
The California College Promise Grant for California Residents (formerly known as the BOG Fee Waiver) helps eligible students with tuition ($46 per unit). Link to Application and details.
Las Positas College has partnered with BankMobile Disbursements to deliver financial aid refunds and other credit balances to students. We are committed
to delivering 100% of students’ refunds, providing students with clear choices and
offering great customer service.
Year-Round Pell Grants
The U.S. Department of Education has recently implemented Year-Round Pell Grants, allowing students to receive up to 150% of a regular grant award over the course of the academic year (fall, spring, and summer) so that they can continue taking classes in the summer and finish their degrees faster than they would otherwise.
Summer Financial Aid
Students can apply for financial aid for Summer 2021-2022. Submit both 2021-2022 (use 2019 taxes) and 2022-2023 (use 2020 taxes) FAFSA or CADAA to be considered for aid.
Do you need books for your classes?
Free Textbook Loaner Program (for fall/spring) brought to you by the Las Positas College Student Government. Please visit Student Life Office for details.
Financial Aid Book Loans - More Information
Federal Work-Study - Current Jobs List
Job postings are now available.
RaiseMe partners with universities to offer students scholarships for their achievements during community college. RaiseMe is entirely free for students!
If you cannot find your Financial Aid Information on the Zone or CLASS-Web.
Reasons may be:
- You have NOT completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or DREAM Act Application or you may have completed the incorrect aid year
- You have NOT entered our College/ Federal School Code (030357) in your submitted FAFSA or DREAM Act Application
- You have completed your FAFSA but we have NOT received it. It takes approximately 7-10 days after your FAFSA submission for us to retrieve your information (The DREAM Act Application takes much longer.)
Always double check:
- Make sure you have completed the correct FAFSA for the appropriate Financial Aid Year.
- Submit your FAFSA by using your FSA ID