Online Counseling Appointment
- We now offer 1 hour appointments or 30 min appointments via our Web-based service, Cranium Café for All students (Both current and prospective).
- This service offers students who are unable to meet in-person with the option of real-time “Live” counseling appointments.
- All appointments are scheduled either in person or over the phone at (925) 424-1400. We do not offer online scheduling at this time.
- Once the appointment is scheduled, students will receive a confirmation and reminder email with specific log-in directions. You may also access the log-in page here.
- Students must have access to a desktop computer, laptop, or tablet. Smart-phones are not supported with this service.
All official transcripts from other colleges/universities must be submitted to the Admissions & Records department before an appointment can be scheduled.
*Please Note: Before logging in make sure you are using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your Web Browser, Internet Explorer does not work with this service. Please make sure computers have a web-cam and microphone.
Online Drop-In are available on the following schedule:
Mondays 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
Thursdays 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
These sessions are 15 Minutes
- Click on the Online Counselor Cranium Cafe Card
- When you see a green bullet “ONLINE”, click on the "Knock On Door" highlighted button on Counselor's card
- You will wait in the general Lobby until one of the counselors invites you into the counseling session (First-come, first-served)
- Please be advised Drop-Ins may end 30 minutes early, depending on number of students waiting in lobby
*Please Note: Before logging in make sure you are using either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your Web Browser, Internet Explorer does not work with this service. Please make sure computers have a web-cam and microphone.Video chat with Online Walk In Counseling on Cranium Cafe
(30 minutes or 1 hour)
All Services offered to students In-Person can be offered through Online Counseling
- Long-term, comprehensive student education plan (SEP)(2+ semester plan)
- Evaluation of progress toward graduation or transfer
- University transfer planning
- Career/Major Exploration
- Probation/Dismissal status
- Evaluation of transfer credit from other colleges and universities
- Financial Aid education plan needed for financial aid appeal
- TAG – Transfer Agreement Guarantee Review for UC transfers
- ADT – AAT or AST degree planning
- Career Guidance and counseling
- Personal or Crisis counseling
- 1 or 2 semester education plan
- Questions about adding/dropping a class
- Steps for new students
- Questions related to prerequisite equivalencies and challenges and other petition processes
- General questions related to Las Positas certificates or major requirements