Community Education at Las Positas College is an inclusive, learning-centered program providing educational and personal enrichment opportunities to all Community members. The program supports the life-long learning goals of all students (both for-credit and not-for-credit) to enhance their basic skills, career and technical training, retraining and personal enrichment objectives, and to help all community members meet their personal and professional goals.
About Community Education Classes
No exams, no pressure-- these are not-for-credit classes! Classes do not require admission to the College, either. Minimum enrollment is required for classes to start. Community Education is a self-supporting entity of LPC.
Summer 2020 classes are taking place wherever YOU are, online!
Emergency Notification Enrollment
Please enroll at this website to be notified of campus closures at Las Positas College in the event of emergencies or PG&E power shutdowns. Campus Safety
Community Education at Las Positas College Mission Statement
Las Positas College Mission
Las Positas College provides an inclusive, learning-centered, equityfocused environment that offers educational opportunities and support for completion of students’ transfer, degree, and career-technical goals while promoting life-long learning
Las Positas College Values
Las Positas College thrives as a collaborative teaching and learning community committed to integrity and excellence by:
1. Encouraging and celebrating lifelong learning
2. Responding to the needs of the ever-changing workplace and society
3. Demonstrating civic, social and environmental responsibility
4. Promoting ethical behavior, mutual trust, equity, and respect within our diverse community
5. Fostering a climate of discovery, creativity, personal development, and physical and mental health
6. Ensuring that Las Positas is a sanctuary campus for undocumented students
7. Holding firm to the belief that each of us makes an astonishing difference.
Teach with us. Take a class with us. Make an astonishing difference in the Tri-Valley community.
Contact us via email below
Community Education Office Hours
Did you know Las Positas College hosts DMV required Motorcycle Safety classes?