1. Apply to Las Positas College. You may apply online at: www.laspositascollege.edu. Once you're on the school homepage, select "Apply Online". If you don't have access to a computer, you may apply in person. To apply in person, please visit Admissions and Records in building 1600 Room 1670.
2. Fill out your Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at: https://fafsa.ed.gov/.
3. Schedule an assessment testing if you have not completed a college level Math and English course. You can schedule your appointment online at: http://www.laspositascollege.edu/assessmentcenter/scheduleinfo.php
4. Complete LPC Online Orientation at: http://www.onlineorientation.net/lpc/
- Make an appointment for Intake with our office
- Things to bring with you to your Intake appointment:
- Must bring verification of cash grant/eligibility (Notice of Action).
- Copy of term schedule, if registered.
- Transcript(s) if you have previously attended another college/university outside of Las Positas College. You must request an official transcript and have your previous institution send directly to Admissions and Records at Las Positas College. You may bring unofficial transcript to you intake appointment.
- Driver's license and Social Security Card.
- Review county/college forms in order to receive supportive services
- Ensure childcare needs are being met for classes
- Career Counseling/Needs Assessment
- Within the first semester meet with CalWORKs Counselor for Student Education Plan
- Review Welfare-to-Work plan for compliance with county regulations.
The County Offices
- Notify the County of attendance at Las Positas College (the CalWORKs office will assist with this process)
- The two requirements that are mandatory for the county: Orientation and Assessment. You MUST attend these two county appointments in order for your Welfare-to-Work plan to become approved and monies processed for books/supplies, transportation, etc.
Books and Supplies Assistance
In order to receive supportive services such as childcare, books and supplies assistance and transportation, you must complete and turn in the following forms to the CalWORKs office:
- Books and Supplies Worksheet (available online)
- Verification of Books for classes from the online Book Store e-follet
- Copy of your detailed class schedule.
- Must complete a monthly school progress report for the county. The progress report is due on the 5th of each month.
While these steps may seem long and complicated now, you are beginning an important journey to your own economic independence. Remember the journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step!