- Business Studies Home
- Getting Started
- The Program
- Advisory Board
- Gainful Employment
Certificate of Achievement - Retailing
Identify the primary business operations, business organizational options, and business procedures. Determine the demand for products and services offered by a firm and identify potential customers. Develop pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing the firm’s profits and/or market share while ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Compare and contrast the various pricing strategies.
- Identify distinctions between distribution channels.
- Explain promotional mixes and effective strategies for each.
- Summarize measures that can be taken by individuals and organizations to correct organizational dysfunctions.
- List resources and strategies for monitoring trends which help identify the need for new products and services.
This program provides a detailed focus on marketing and retailing, and then allows the student to choose from a variety of business related options, depending on the student area of interest. While many units in this program are transferable to other institutions, students should consult a counselor for transfer information.
|BUSN 55 (Business Mathematics)||3 units|
|MKTG 50 (Introduction to Marketing)||3 units|
|MKTG 56 (Retail Strategies)||3 units|
|MKTG 60 (Retail Store Management)||3 units|
|MKTG 61 (Professional Selling)||3 units|
|WRKX 95 (Work Experience) and|
|WRKX 96 (Work Experience Seminar)||2-4 units|
|Total Units Required||35-37 units|
*Electives- Select from the following for a minimum of 15 units:
- BUSN 18 (Business Law)
- BUSN 40 (Introduction to Business)
- BUSN 51A (General Accounting I) or
- BUSN 1A (Financial Accounting)
- BUSN 52 (Business Communications) or
- BUSN 43 (Professional Communications)
- BUSN 53 (Business Correspondence)
- BUSN 58 (Small Business Management)
- CIS 50 (Intro to Computing Info Tech)
- MKTG 64 (Introduction to Advertising)
- BUSN 48 (Human Relations in the Workplace)
- BUSN 56 (Introduction to Management)
- BUSN 43 (Professional Communications) may be used instead of BUSN 52 (Business Communications) or BUSN 53 (Business Correspondence) where they are required.
Federal Gainful Employment Disclosure
Use the link below to view Las Positas Community Colleges Federal Gainful Employment Disclosure for this program.