All new, first time college students need to complete the English and Math guided self-placements, online orientation and Student Education Plan (SEP). Once you have completed these three core services, you will be eligible for priority registration for the following term.
Please complete all the following steps to success:
- Apply to Las Positas College if you have not already done so.
- Complete the Online Orientation.
- Complete the English and Math Guided Self-Placement online or in-person. See the Tutorial for English Guided Self-Placement and Tutorial for Math Guided Self-Placement for assistance or attend an assessment session for in-person assistance.
- To take the ESL or Chemistry assessment, choose an Assessment session that is convenient for you from the Assessment Schedule on the Assessment Center home page.
- Arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of the session, bring a valid photo ID and your student ID "W" number.
- Schedule and attend a Program Planning session to complete your Student Education Plan (SEP). You can schedule your appointment online at the link below, or call the Assessment office for an appointment. Program Planning sessions are 2 hours in length and are intended for new students only.
See Assessment Procedures for more information or call (925) 424-1475.
*The Assessment Schedule is planned well in advance and is subject to change due to staffing or other unforseen issues. Please check the website for the most updated information or call (925) 424-1475.
For more information please contact:
Assessment Center - Testing Hours