Admissions & Records
- Admissions & Records Home
- Academic Calendar (Dates & Deadlines)
- Admissions Forms & Petition
- Degree and Certificate Information
- Fees, Tuition, & Refunds
- High School Programs
- Major Code List
- Noncredit Enrollment FAQ
- Payments for Tuition
- Summer/Fall 2022 Priority Registration Dates
- Privacy (FERPA Regulations)
- Registration Policies
- Steps to Success
- Staff Directory
- Student Information
- Student Success & Support Programs
- Student ID & Pin Numbers
- Transcripts Official and Unofficial
- Useful Tips for College Students
Noncredit - Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
In general, credit classes are designed for students who are interested in earning college credits towards an associate degree, certificate, or transfer to a four-year college or university. Students who take credit classes receive a letter grade (A, B, C, D or F) at the end of the semester or term.
Noncredit classes are intended for students who want to gain general knowledge, learn a new skill, upgrade existing skills, enrich their understanding about a topic, or develop personal interests. Noncredit classes are also a way to enhance learning in credit classes. Upon completion of a noncredit class, students may receive a grade of Pass (P), No Pass (NP) or Satisfactory Progress (SP). Some noncredit classes do assign standard letter grades (A, B, C, D, or F).
Yes, students may register for noncredit classes online only after successfully submitting an admission application to Las Positas College. Once admitted, students may register for noncredit classes online through CLASS-Web, the student online portal.
Students will find noncredit classes listed by area of noncredit in Las Positas Searchable Class Schedule. Noncredit courses are numbered between 200-299. Noncredit class and program descriptions may be found in the Las Positas College Catalog.
Admissions & Records Office
Building 1600, Second Floor
The following in person services will be provided:
- Receive cash payments for tuition/fees
- Issuance of Student Identification Card
- Drop off of document (During and after business hours)
- Drop box is located in the hallway on the wall near the back entrance door
Virtual Zoom Hours
Speak to an Admissions & Records Representative Now
Our office is working to serve you during this time and we are experiencing a high volume of inquires which may increase our response time.
Please send all Admissions and Records inquires via email.