Las Positas College provides the opportunity for high school students in the 10th, 11th or 12th to enroll concurrently in college-level courses. High school students who desire to participate in concurrent enrollment must be recommended by their high school principal and have written parental permission. Further information on the Concurrent Enrollment policy is available at the student's high school, and at the Office of Admissions and Records in Bldg 1600.
We are happy to be able to offer High School students the opportunity to enroll concurrently for the Spring, Summer, & Fall semesters.
Spring 2017 now open!!
Please be aware that concurrent enrollment students are subject to certain restrictions/limitations. Please review the following:
- You will notice that we are accepting high school sophomores, juniors and seniors only.
- Unit limitations - Summer is limited to 6 units, Spring and Fall is limited to 11 units.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted or processed.
- Applications will not be accepted for courses that are closed or full.
- Spring registration begins 12/14/2016
- Registration may be completed only after college approval.
- Concurrent Enrollment students are not permitted to register before the dates indicated - classes may be dropped for non-compliance.
- For best course selection: completed applications should be submitted well before the deadline dates as classes are limited.
STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE ALL STEPS EVERY SEMESTER
ATTENTION: Students who complete paperwork for the LPC Concurrent Enrollment Program may ONLY register for LPC classes. Those who wish to register in a class at Chabot College MUST complete paperwork for the Chabot Concurrent Enrollment Program and are subject to Chabot's program restrictions (no PE, no Basic Skills, no ESL, etc.) < Click here to go to Chabot's Concurrent Enrollment website >
Concurrent Enrollment Admission Steps-Spring 2017
APPLICATION AND FORMS MUST BE COMPLETE BEFORE REGISTRATION!
- Please review this Registration Information flyer (PDF) for the SPRING 2017 semester
- Complete the online Admission application go to www.laspositascollege.edu, second column apply online or download and print the Application for Admission (pdf). Print the confirmation page for your records.
- Attach a REQUIRED copy of your current high school transcript, and an official copy of your AP TEST score (if it is applicable) in a sealed envelope.
- Fill out the REQUIRED Concurrent Enrollment Recommendation Form (PDF); obtain all necessary signatures.
- Fill out the REQUIRED Parent/Guardian Authorization Form for Minors (PDF).
- All students are strongly advised to take the Math and English assessment to determine their ability to benefit in college level courses. Go to http://www.laspositascollege.edu/assessmentcenter/ to take an assessment test.
- Submit all the above completed forms to LPC Admissions & Records before : DECEMBER 5, 2016.
- Registration is DECEMBER 14, 2016
If you have any additional questions about concurrent enrollment please call Barbara Chavez at (925) 424-1545 or email email@example.com or call Debbie Earney at 925.424.1554 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Students must take the Assessment test if intending to take any Math, English, or Chemistry 1 classes or any classes with a prerequisite in Math or English. All students are strongly advised to take the Math and English assessment to determine their ability to benefit in college level courses. Go to http://www.laspositascollege.edu/assessmentcenter/ for more information.
Students with approved forms may begin registering for classes ONLINE via CLASS-Web or The ZONE
<Click here for instructions on how to use CLASS-Web>
Acrobat Reader is required in order to read or print the Concurrent Enrollment forms.