Las Positas College provides the opportunity for high school students to enroll concurrently in college-level courses. High school students who desire to participate in concurrent enrollment must be recommended by their high school principal and have written parental permission. Further information on the Concurrent Enrollment policy is available at the student's high school, and at the Office of Admissions and Records in Bldg 1600.
We are happy to be able to offer High School students the opportunity to enroll concurrently for the Spring, Summer, & Fall semesters.
SPRING 2015 is OPEN for Dublin High (Hum 10) CRN: 32989
Location : Dublin High room J-105 , Tuesday 6-9:20 pm from 02/03 to 05/29/15
and Village High (Psyc 1) CRN:32987
Location : Village High -Pleasanton , M 6-9:40 pm Multipurpose room from 02/02-05/29/2015
Please be aware that concurrent enrollment students are subject to certain restrictions/limitations. Please review the following:
- You will notice that we are accepting high school sophmores, juniors and seniors only.
- Unit limitations - Summer is limited to 6 units, Spring and Fall is limited to 11 units.
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted or processed.
- Applications will not be accepted for courses that are closed or full.
- Spring registration begins January 12, 2015 for Concurrent Enrollment students.
- Registration may be completed only after college approval.
- Concurrent Enrollment students are not permitted to register before the dates indicated - classes may be dropped for non-compliance.
- For best course selection: completed applications should be submitted well before the deadline dates as classes are limited.
STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE ALL STEPS EVERY SEMESTER
ATTENTION: Students who complete paperwork for the LPC Concurrent Enrollment Program may ONLY register for LPC classes. Those who wish to register in a class at Chabot College MUST complete paperwork for the Chabot Concurrent Enrollment Program and are subject to Chabot's program restrictions (no PE, no Basic Skills, no ESL, etc.) < Click here to go to Chabot's Concurrent Enrollment website >
Concurrent Enrollment Admission Steps
(LVCP only) <Click here> to jump to steps for Livermore Valley Chapter Preparatory
SPRING 2015 IS OPEN FOR DUBLIN HIGH AND VILLAGE HIGH CLASSES!!!
APPLICATION AND FORMS MUST BE COMPLETE BEFORE REGISTRATION!
- Please review this General Information flyer (PDF) for the Spring 2015 semester.
- Complete the online Admissions Application NOW, to allow adequate time to obtain the signatures on the rest of the required forms.
- Print the confirmation page for your records.
- Attach a REQUIRED copy of your current high school transcript, and (if applicable) an official copy of your AP TEST score in a sealed envelope.
- Fill out the REQUIRED Concurrent Enrollment Recommendation Form (PDF); obtain all necessary signatures.
- Fill out the REQUIRED Parent/Guardian Authorization Form for Minors (PDF).
- All students are strongly advised to take the Math and English assessment to determine their ability to benefit in college level courses. Go to http://www.laspositascollege.edu/assessment center/scheduleinfo.php to sign up or click here to see the schedule
- Submit all the above completed forms to LPC Admissions & Records date.
Acrobat Reader is required in order to read or print the Concurrent Enrollment forms.
Students must take the Assessment test if intending to take any Math, English, or Chemistry 1 classes or any classes with a prerequisite in Math or English. All students are strongly advised to take the Math and English assessment to determine their ability to benefit in college level courses. Go to http://www.laspositascollege.edu/assessment center/scheduleinfo.php to sign up.
Students with approved forms may begin registering for classes ONLINE via CLASS-Web or The ZONE on JANUARY 12, 2015 for Spring 2015.
<Click here for instructions on how to use CLASS-Web>
If you have any additional questions about concurrent enrollment please call Maria Pena-Bradford at (925) 424-1545 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Debbie Earney at 925.424.1554 or email email@example.com