Veterans First Program
- Veterans First Program
- COVID-19 Information and Updates
- Getting Started
- Mission & Goals
- Veterans First Program Team
- Veterans First Programs & Services
- Zoom Workshops & Sessions
- Fee Waiver for Veterans' Dependents
- Student Veterans Organization
- MyVRC - Smartphone App
- SALUTE - Veterans Honor Society
- LPC Disability Resource Center
- Past Events
- Operation Gateway XII
- Vet Stories
Operation Gateway XII
We have reserved a space for our eligible first year student veterans at our 12th Annual Operation Gateway new student veterans orientation at Las Positas College (LPC). It will be held solely online in a virtual conference format - Wednesday, July 29, Thursday, July 30, and Friday, July 31, 2020.
To be eligible, you must meet this criteria:
1. New student at LPC: student veterans who enrolled at LPC for the following terms are eligible to sign-up: Fall 2019, Spring 2020, Summer 2020, or Fall 2020.
2. Have never attended past Operation Gateway sessions.
3. You must be registered in a minimum of 6 units for the Fall 2020 semester.
4. Must be a student veteran, active duty, reservist/guard, and/or dependent/spouse of a veteran.
First come, first served. Click here to RSVP or visit eventbrite.com and search Operation Gateway XII. Interested students may call our Operation Gateway XII Information Line during
Office hours: 925.596.5060 (Ask for Viviana Martinez, Student Veterans Resource Specialist)
**First 25 students to RSVP will receive an LPC Veterans First Program - Operation Gateway Backpack.
Important: To be eligible for a stipend to be used at the LPC Bookstore, you MUST attend all the mandatory sessions/workshops offered at Operation Gateway XII.
GOALS OF OPERATION GATEWAY XII
This special 3 day transitional orientation is geared to empower student veterans, dependents/spouses, and reservists with resources to ensure academic success at LPC. We will connect you with resources at Las Positas College as well as support from members of local veterans service organizations.
"We are proud to offer this three-day orientation that will be dedicated to in-depth education and career planning, classroom expectations, finance and benefits information, campus life, community resources and veteran support services," said Veterans First Coordinator Todd Steffan. "Operation Gateway" is also a great opportunity for veterans to experience firsthand the community and camaraderie at Las Positas College."
Questions about this event, please send an email to email@example.com (include your name and student ID).
For more information please contact:
Veterans First Program
Veterans Resource Center
Shelter in Place - Team Working From Home
Virtual Reception Desk:
Zoom Meeting ID: 885 1925 8951 # (Password: Veterans)
+1 669 900 6833 (US Toll), or +1 346 248 7799 (US Toll), or +1 253 215 8782 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 885 1925 8951 #
Password: 040665 #
Effective August 3, 2020
Visit the VRC Virtual Reception Desk - see above
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill