Upcoming Transfer Events - Spring 2017
Career and Transfer Workshop Series
You're invited to attend a series of workshops to give you information and strategies for career and transfer success! These workshops will be led by LPC counselors and faculty and will give you an opportunity to learn from experienced professionals. You can attend one or any number of workshops that interest you. Some faculty on campus will even give you extra credit in your class for attending these workshops! If you’re unsure about earning extra credit, ask your instructor for this opportunity.
All workshops are held in the Transfer Center on Mondays from 4:00-4:50 and Thursdays from 10:00-10:50. See below or our flyer for specific dates.
As space is limited, registering for a workshop ahead of time is encouraged!
- Monday, February 13 – 4:00 – 4:50: Choosing your Major
- Thursday, February 23 – 10:00 – 10:50: Becoming a Successful Student
- Monday, February 27 – 4:00 – 4:50: Using Strengths to Determine Goals Part I
- Thursday, March 9 – 10:00 – 10:50: Becoming a Successful Student
- Monday, March 13 – 4:00 – 4:50: Using Strengths to Determine Goals Part II
- Thursday, March 30 – 10:00 – 10:50: What to do with a Major in Chemistry
- Monday, April 10 – 4:00 – 4:50: What to do with a Major in Math
- Thursday, April 20 – 10:00 – 10:50: What to do with a Major in Bio
- Thursday, May 4 – 10:00 – 10:50: Building a Resume
- Monday, May 8 – 4:00 – 4:50: Pre-Finals Test Taking Tips
- Thursday, May 18 – 10:00 – 10:50: How to Transfer ASAP
Discover UC Davis: Discover Your Potential
Are you a transfer-bound student? Thinking about transferring to UC Davis? If so, join us on Friday, February 24, 2017 for an all day conference at UC Davis. "Discover UC Davis" is a free event for community college students to learn about the requirements to transfer to a UC campus, and UC Davis in particular. You will also go on a tour of the UC Davis campus! Transportation (round/trip from LPC) and lunch is provided. You must travel on the bus in order to participate in this event.
You are eligible if: (1) you are currently enrolled in classes at LPC; (2) you plan to transfer in Fall 2018 or beyond; and (3) you have registered for a UC Transfer Admission Planner (TAP) account.
Steps to register for the “Discover UC Davis” event:
1. Sign up for a UC TAP account. You should indicate that you will transfer in Fall 2018 or beyond, and indicate that you are interested in UC Davis. Create your UC TAP account here.
2. After signing up for a UC TAP account, register for “Discover UC Davis” here.
3. Review this flyer for more information.
Space is limited! You must register for this event by
Thursday, February 16th.
Questions? Visit the Transfer Center (room #1604)
or email Michelle Zapata at firstname.lastname@example.org
SFSU Fall 2017 Transfer Students: Attend a "Next Steps" Workshop!
If you applied to San Francisco State University, this workshop is for you! It's an opportunity for you to meet with SF State to learn what the next steps are. Please join us if you have any of the following questions:
- You have been admitted what's next?
- You have been conditionally admitted what does that mean?
- Do you really need to sign up for New Student Orientation?
- When do you submit your transcripts?
- What other documents are necessary for your enrollment at SFSU?
- Do I need to see a counselor or advisor at SFSU?
- You have not heard anything from SFSU, what's going on with your application?
- You were denied by SFSU and you are not sure why, can someone help you?
- You want to know more about financial aid at SFSU.
Please register for this workshop here. The workshop will be held on Monday, March 6th from 12:00-1:00 in the Transfer Center, room #1604.
Off-Campus Transfer Events
Education Summit 2017 at CSU East Bay
This event is for First-Generation, African American, Latino, Asian American, Native American, and Pacific Islander Students and their Families.
Students: attend this event for valuable educational and college-related workshops! There is also a College and Resource Fair showcasing Northern CSU campuses, community colleges, and area vendors.
Registration is now closed, but walk-ins are welcome!
What: Education Summit 2017 for First Generation, African American, Latino, Asian American, Native American, and Pacific Islander Students and their Families. Please click on the following links to this year's Event Flyer (English and Español).
When: Saturday, February 4th, 2017; program runs from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., check-in begins at 9:00 a.m.
Where: Cal State East Bay - Hayward Hills Campus in the University Gymnasium, 25800 Carlos Bee Blvd, Hayward, CA 94542.
University of San Diego Spring Transfer Day
Spring Transfer Day
Friday, February 10, 2017
8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.
(followed by an optional campus tour and advising sessions)
This event will showcase USD's academic programs and resources while providing you with helpful insight on navigating the transfer process.
Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. in Mother Rosalie Hill Hall, Warren Auditorium.
Spring Transfer Day will include:
Admission and Financial Aid Presentations
Residential Life and Campus Support
Transfer Student Panel
Lunch with USD Faculty Members and students
Optional Campus Tour and Admission Advising Sessions (1 p.m. - 3 p.m.)
For more information, visit USD's Admission site here.
Historically Black Colleges and Universities Caravan
San Jose City College and Evergreen Valley College are hosting an HBCU Caravan College Fair at SJCC on Thursday, February 16th from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm. There will be admissions representatives from 30 schools providing information to students as well as offering instant admissions and scholarships for competitive students. There will also be workshops on HBCU's, the California Community College/HBCU agreements and how students should prepare to apply and transfer. Take advantage of this amazing opportunity!
Students need to register ahead of time—click the link here to register.
Black College Expo 2017
Free Admission to the BLACK COLLEGE EXPO for Community College Students with school identification before 1pm. Visit the California Community College Pathways to HBCUs booth to find out:
How easy it is to transfer to one of the 21 HBCU partner institutions
How you can apply to the HBCU partner institutions using the Common Black College Application for FREE (must be transfer ready)
Remember to bring several copies of your official college transcript(s). You can also attend the Community College Pathways to HBCU workshop to obtain more information about transferring to an HBCU.
A $1000.00 scholarship will be offered to a transfer student transferring to one of the 21 HBCU partner institutions!
The Black College Expo is Saturday, February 18th from 9:00 - 5:00 at Laney College
Click here for more information.
Loyola Marymount University- Acces LMU Visit Day
Students are invited to attend LMU for a campus tour, transfer information, and hearing directly from LMU students about their experience in a student panel. This event is on Friday, March 3, 2017 from 10:00 – 3:00. This event is free and includes lunch! For more information and to register for this event, click here.