Las Positas College’s Spring 2021 Plans
Las Positas College has been carefully following COVID 19 updates from Alameda County Public Health Department and thoughtfully implementing instructional and student support plans for the spring 2021 semester. Our faculty, staff and administrators are improving resources and developing skills to provide excellent online instruction and high-quality remote support services during the pandemic. While these challenging times bring moments of pause and reflection, we encourage you to accelerate your academic progress by enrolling in spring 2021 course offerings that support your educational goals.
Registration for special student populations begins November 10th; returning students may begin enrolling on November 17th and new students on November 23rd .
Below is brief summary of our instructional plans for Spring 2021:
- The majority of classes have transitioned online in a number of different formats (synchronously, asynchronously and hybrid) ; there will be a limited number of class sections that will meet in-person, adhering to state and county public orders
- The Computer Center and Tutorial Center will provide study space and support services, following safety guidelines from a team of industrial hygienists employed by the District
- Free Wi-Fi internet access will continue to be available in college parking lots “C” and “D” for students and expand to shaded areas of parking lot “H”
- Reading and Writing Center, and Smart Shops Series Workshops will continue to provide virtual, on-line services and support
- The Library will continue to offer online services and support and provide technology check-out and general circulation (books, periodicals, DVDs, CDs, as well as course reserve textbooks). Check out of technology and other physical materials is initiated online and pickup occurs during scheduled appointments. The campus will be notified should when drop-in services are safe to resume
A responsive team of professionals are offering the following student services remotely:
- Counseling and will continue to provide virtual, on-line services and support
- Remote Financial Aid services are available, including the ability for eligible students to apply for a $500 Emergency Grant from the CARES Act
We welcome you to campus to the following the following limited in-person student services:
- Admissions and Records, Disability Resource Center, and Student Health & Wellness Center will offer in-person services. See what is available at their respective websites
- The bookstore will re-open for student textbook purchases while continuing to support online purchases.
- The Market, free food for the people, is open every third Tuesday of the month from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm in front of Building 1600.
Thank you for choosing Las Positas College. Let’s stay safe and move forward together.
Dyrell Foster, Ed.D.
Las Positas College
- Admissions & Records Office
- Campus Safety & Security
- Child Development Center
- Computer Center
- Counseling Department
- Disability Resource Center
- Financial Aid Office
- Math Help
- Online College Info & Resources
- Online Learning
- Preparing for Online Learning
- Reading & Writing Center
- Smart Shop Series Workshops
- Student Health & Wellness Center
- Technology Loan Request Form
- Tutorial Center