Las Positas College’s Spring 2021 Plans
At the moment, the State has placed Alameda County in the Purple Tier, the most restrictive level in the state's reopening framework. The State took this action in response to local and statewide increases in the daily COVID-19 case rates. Las Positas College has and will continue to carefully follow COVID 19 updates from the Alameda County Public Health Department. Based on State and County orders, the college will thoughtfully implement safe instructional and student support plans for the spring 2021 semester.
Our faculty, staff and administrators are prepared to provide excellent online instruction and high-quality remote support services during the pandemic. While these challenging times bring moments of pause and reflection, we encourage you to accelerate your academic progress by enrolling in spring 2021 course offerings that support your educational goals. Below is a brief summary of our instructional and student support plans for the Spring 2021semester.
While Alameda County is in the State’s Purple Tier (Widespread), for Las Positas College:
- The majority of classes will be offered online in a number of different formats (synchronously, asynchronously and hybrid); there will be a limited number of class sections that will meet in-person, adhering to state and county public orders
- Free Technology Loans are available to support students in meeting your learning needs during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Free Wi-Fi internet access will be available in college parking lots “C”, “D” and “H” for students
In-person Student Support Services:
- Admissions and Records, Disability Resource Center, and Student Health & Wellness Center will offer in-person services. See what services are available at their respective websites.
- The Child Development Center is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- The College Information Desk is open Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- The bookstore is open for student textbook purchases while continuing to support online purchases.
- The Market, free food distribution to the community, is open every third Tuesday of the month from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm in front of Building 1600.
Online Student Support Resources:
- Counseling will continue to provide virtual, on-line services and support
- Remote Financial Aid services are available, including the ability for eligible students to apply for a $500 Emergency Grant from the CARES Act
- The Computer Center is an excellent resource for students to get help with assignments, technology questions, or Canvas. This is an online open Computer lab with Instructional Assistants on duty during business hours to answer your questions. Business hours are Monday-Thursday, 8:00 AM-8:00 PM, and Friday 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM.
- Tutorial Center, Reading and Writing Center, and Smart Shops Series Workshops will provide virtual, on-line services and support
- The Library will continue to offer online services and support and provide technology check-out and general circulation (books, periodicals, DVDs, CDs, as well as course reserve textbooks).
Thank you for choosing Las Positas College. I wish you a safe, healthy, and successful Spring 2021 semester!
Dyrell Foster, Ed.D.
Las Positas College
- Admissions & Records Office
- Campus Safety & Security
- Child Development Center
- Computer Center
- Counseling Department
- Disability Resource Center
- Financial Aid Office
- Math Help
- Online College Info & Resources
- Online Learning
- Preparing for Online Learning
- Reading & Writing Center
- Smart Shop Series Workshops
- Student Health & Wellness Center
- Technology Loan Request Form
- Tutorial Center