Blackboard/Canvas Student Support
Students will not be able to access their classes until the first day of classes.
Canvas offers 24/7 student support. Phone number TBA.
Other Student Support Links:
Fall 2016 support hours
Aug. 17-Dec. 20:
7:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday
8:30 a.m to 3 p.m., Friday
Saturdays, Sundays, holidays
(Please read the Support Knowledgebase on days when no live help is available.)
Hours are subject to change. Messages left on weekends or holidays will be answered the following business day.
There are four ways to contact Student Support for Blackboard:
- Fill out and submit the online form
- Call (925) 424-1142
- Email LPCdistEd@laspositascollege.edu
- Come to Room 803 on campus
Feel free to contact the support desk if you:
- are having problems logging into your course (if you forgot your password, click the Forgot Password link on the login page)
- can't get a technical function inside your Blackboard course to work (i.e. submitting an assignment)
Please contact your instructor if you:
- need to explain why an assignment didn't get completed
- have a question about your grades
- want to add a class after the registration deadline
For problems related to your computer, please do NOT contact Student Support. These problems include:
- hardware problems on your computer (e.g. non-functioning modems, disk drives, etc.). Consult your computer's user guide, or call the manufacturer for support.
- software problems on your computer (e.g. Windows or Word isn't working properly). Consult the software user's guide, or call the company that makes the software.
- problems connecting to the Internet. Contact your Internet Service Provider for help.