Welcome to the Program Review webpage, maintained by the Program Review Committee (PRC). Program Reviews are completed every three years, with Program Review Updates completed during the intervening years. The Program Review process is an integral part of college planning.
This template is for use by all instructional and non-instructional programs. It will be completed and reviewed during the Fall 2016 semester.
Please note: Part Two has been removed from the template. If you downloaded an earlier version, you can skip or delete Part Two.
Timeline for 2016-17 Program Review Updates
|May 1-Oct 16||Programs work on Program Review Updates (PRUs)|
|Optional: Programs meet with their dean to prepare for PRU|
|Oct 16||PRUs Due||
Dean and Program Review Committee chair
|Oct 12-Nov 27||Deans and PRC members read PPUs and collaborate to write the Division Summary.|
|Nov 27||Division Summaries||Posted online for division feedback|
|Feedback to programs||Program Review Committee chair and programs|
|Dec 15||Edited PRUs (if edits were suggested)||Dean and Program Review Committee chair|
|Jan 23||Updated Division Summaries||Program Review Committee chair|
Tools for Writers
Discipline Data Packets, Student-Services Data Packets and Program-Set Standards can be found on the website for the Office of Institutional Research and Planning.
SAO results and Program-Level SLO results can be found on the Student Learning Outcomes site.
To receive SLO data from before the Spring 16 eLumen update, contact the SLO Committe Chair, John Ruys.
Please contact the Program Review Committee Chair Karin Spirn with any questions.
Tools for Readers
Program Review Update Reader's Worksheet - Click here to download the worksheet
Dean's Summary Template - Click here to download the template
Suggestion for Revisions Form - Click here here to download the template
List of readers F16 - Click here to download the list
Directions for readers F16 - Click here to download the directions
Program Review Committee
The Program Review Committee is a subcommittee of the Las Positas College Academic Senate.
The Program Review Committee promotes an effective and meaningful process with clear links to institutional planning and resource allocation.
The Academic Senate of Las Positas College charges the Program Review Committee to:
- Create, evaluate, and modify (as needed) the forms and processes for Program Review
- Mentor program review writers through a peer review process
- Work collaboratively with administration, appropriate committees, and other College constituencies on the integration of program review into planning and resource allocation processes
- Charge of the Program Review Committee (2013-14) (78 KB pdf)
- Membership (AY 2012-13) (61 KB pdf)
- Program Review: Setting a Standard (528 KB pdf) This 76 page looks like a daunting read, but 26 of the pages are appendices. We highly recommend this paper to anyone involved in program review.
- WASC Program Review Rubric (41 KB pdf, see page 3)