- Financial Aid Home
- Información de la Ayuda Financiera
- Verify My Application
- AB19 The California College Promise Scholarship
- Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- Aid - Financial Aid Programs
- After You Apply - What's Next?
- BankMobile Refunds
- California College Promise Grant (formerly BOGW Fee Waiver)
- CLASS-Web - How To
- Complete Withdraw After Receiving Aid
- Cost of Attendance
- Dream Act (AB 540)
- FATV (Financial Aid TV)
- Federal Direct Loan
- Federal Tax Benefits and 1098-T
- Federal Work-study Jobs
- Financial Aid Staff
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Get SAP Counseling Sessions for Reinstatement Petition
- Helpful Resources
- Manage Your Money
- Net Price Calculator
- Pell Grant Chart 2019-2020
- Pell Grant Chart 2020-2021
- Purpose of Financial Aid
- Refund (Payment) Dates
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- The Zone - How To
- Understanding My Responsibilities
NOW AVAILABLE: FEDERAL CARES ACT EMERGENCY GRANT APPLICATION FOR $750 GRANTS
Las Positas has received over $1.4 million in federal funds which is being used to provide direct assistance to eligible students to help with the financial impact of the Covid-19 virus. $750 Grants have been provided automatically to eligible students with unmet financial need who completed 6 units. Now students who did not qualify through the automatic process may apply for remaining funds. Students who have already been awarded an LPC CARES Emergency grant will not be able to apply for additional funds.
CARES ACT EMERGENCY GRANTS MAY ONLY BE PROVIDED TO STUDENTS WHO HAVE FILED A 2019-2020 FREE APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL STUDENT AID APPLICATION. Students may continue to file a 2019-2020 FAFSA until June 30, 2020. Late FAFSA filers will still be considered for the CARES Emergency Grants as long as funds remain, and may be eligible for retroactive financial aid for the 2019-2020 school year.
TO APPLY FOR THE LPC CARES EMERGENCY GRANT:
- Log into CLASS WEB using your student ID and password.
- Scroll down the MAIN MENU and click on ‘Elections / Student and Staff Surveys’.
- Open the CARES Emergency Grant Application, complete and submit.
If unable to see the CARES Emergency Grant Application in the menu, you are not meeting
all of the eligibility requirements for the CARES Grant. You may contact the financial
aid office for details.
RECIPIENTS OF CARES GRANTS MUST MEET FEDERAL TITLE IV ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- Have an official Expected Family Contribution on their 2019-2020 FAFSA;
- Be citizens or eligible noncitizens;
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent;
- Have a valid social security number;
- Have registered for selective service if male; (Males ages 18 – 26 may register at https://www.sss.gov/ or check the field on your FAFSA to be registered automatically. Those 26 or older who did not register should contact the Financial Aid office to resolve immediately, as they can no longer register.)
- Are not in a disqualified status for Financial Aid
- Are not in loan default nor owe a Title IV overpayment;
- Did not completely withdraw from ALL courses during Spring term 2020;
In addition, to receive a CARES Emergency Grant through the application process, LPC requires that:
- All recipients were enrolled in at least 6 units at the time the Covid 19 crisis began (March 4), and that at least one 3-unit course was completed in spring.
- Student must officially be an LPC student based on Admissions.
- Student must have enrolled into at least one course at Las Positas (other courses may be at Chabot)
For assistance or further questions students should review the financial aid webpage
at http://laspositascollege.edu/financialaid or contact the Financial Aid Office by emailing email@example.com, or through Cranium Café during scheduled hours.
List of resources for students who have lost their jobs, have no insurance, etc. PDF
The Quick Screener is a fast and easy-to-use online tool that allows Californians to see if they may be eligible for two of California’s largest food and medical assistance programs – CalFresh and Medi-Cal – before taking the time to fill out an application. View Flyer
Beware of COVID-19 Scams - https://www.treasury.gov/tigta/coronavirus.shtml
All Staff are Working Remotely at this Time
Cranium Cafe Hours
Phone or Videochat
Monday: 9am - 5pm
Tuesday: 9am - 5pm
Wednesday: 9am - 5pm
Thursday: 9am - 5pm
Friday: 9am - 1pm
Federal School Code:
We have an after-hours DROPBOX located in the hallway between the Admissions and Financial Aid Offices, for your convenience.
- FAFSA- FREE Application for Federal Student Aid
- FSA Phone: 1-800-433-3243
- FSA ID Assistance: 1-800-557-7394
California Dream Act (AB 540 eligible)
Financial Aid TV Videos
LPC Veterans First Program