- Financial Aid Home
- Información de la Ayuda Financiera
- AB19 The California College Promise Scholarship
- Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA)
- Aid - Types of Financial Aid
- After You Apply - What's Next?
- BankMobile Refunds
- California College Promise Grant (formerly BOGW Fee Waiver)
- Class-Web - How To
- Complete Withdraw After Receiving Aid
- Cost of Attendance
- Dream Act (AB 540)
- FATV (Financial Aid TV)
- Federal Direct Loan
- Federal Tax Benefits and 1098-T
- Federal Work-study Jobs
- Financial Aid Staff
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Get SAP Counseling Sessions for Reinstatement Petition
- Helpful Resources
- Manage Your Money
- Net Price Calculator
- Pell Grant Chart 2019-2020
- Purpose of Financial Aid
- Refund (Payment) Dates
- Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- The Zone - How To
- Understanding My Responsibilities
Determining Financial Aid Awards
- First, we assign you a Cost of Attendance budget based on your dependency status. This budget is based on the full-time cost of tuition, books and supplies and an estimated cost for living expenses.
- Second, we subtract the EFC that was reported on your Student Aid Report. The result is your Estimated Financial Need. You will receive funding, as available, up to this remaining need amount.
- Financial aid is awarded in the following order, based on available funds:
- Federal Pell Grant
- Other grants (for example, SEOG, Cal-Grants, Bureau of Indian Affairs Grants, EOPS)
- Work-study employment
- Many of these funds are limited and are awarded until they are depleted. In addition, there is a maximum annual limit for each award. All external funds must be reported to the Financial Aid Office even if received directly by the student.
- This means that it is possible for you to have remaining need even after all funds have been awarded.
- No. You are not eligible for a Pell Grant or SEOG.
- But you may be eligible for BOG, Federal Work Study and a Stafford Student Loan.
- The same formula as above will be used and any unmet need will first be filled by BOG and then with FWS. You may also be eligible to apply for a Federal Stafford student loan.
Monday: 9am - 5pm
Tuesday: 9am - 7pm
Wednesday: 9am - 5pm
Thursday: 9am - 5pm
Friday: 9am- 1pm
Federal School Code:
We have an after-hours DROPBOX located in the hallway between the Admissions and Financial Aid Offices, for your convenience.
- FAFSA- FREE Application for Federal Student Aid
- FSA Phone: 1-800-433-3243
- FSA ID Assistance: 1-800-557-7394
California Dream Act (AB 540 eligible)
Financial Aid TV Videos
LPC Veterans First Program