Preparing to See a Counselor
All students are encouraged to meet with a counselor for academic planning, career guidance or personal counseling in order to have a stronger understanding of their individual path at Las Positas College. Early planning also improves student success in college, and in their personal lives too! We offer several ways for students to meet with a counselor and encourage them to choose the one that fits their needs best!
Preparing to meet with a Counselor
All official transcripts from other colleges/universities must be submitted to the Admissions & Records department before an appointment can be scheduled.
Before Seeing a Counselor
- Apply to Las Positas College
- Complete the Online Orientation
(opens in new window)
- Take the Math and English or ESL Assessment
When Seeing a Counselor
- Bring your list of questions
- Think about and make a list of possible courses you may be interested in
- Discuss your major of interest, career objectives and other relevant information to your academic plan
- If interested in transfer, a list of potential Universities for transfer
- Follow through on counselor recommendations
- Follow up: if you have further questions