Welcome to Counseling!
Mondays 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Tuesdays 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Wednesdays 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Thursdays 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Fridays 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
* Please note: If arriving to see a Counselor one hour before closing, depending on the number of students waiting, you may not be accommodated due to limited staffing. The Front Desk Staff will let you know if the wait is too long. This is particularly an issue around registration time and we apologize for any inconvenience. If a Counselor happens to be unavailable, please ask the Front Desk Staff if they might be able to answer your questions. Keep in mind Staff cannot answer counseling related questions, but can assist with more broad issues such as registration, assessment, orientation, etc.
How to Meet with a Counselor
The two primary ways to meet with a counselor are drop-in or by appointment. Each is described below.
Drop-In-- For new, returning, and currently enrolled students
- During open hours - Bldg 1600, area 1616D. During busy times, please arrive at least an hour before closing.***
- Assistance for new, returning, and currently enrolled students with short questions ( 10-15 minutes).
- Students with critical incidents may use drop-in.
Appointments -- For currently enrolled students only
- During open hours - Bldg 1600, area 1616D or call the counseling office at 925.424.1400.
- Appointment services are not available during the first two weeks of each semester and finals week. Students may use drop-in counseling during those times.
- EOPS/CARE and Disability Resource Center students: Contact those departments directly for appointments.
- All official transcripts must be on file prior to scheduling appointments.
- Must complete assessment testing prior to scheduling appointments.
**IMPORTANT CHANGES Regarding Counseling Appointments**
In order to reach the largest number of students with very limited resources, the LPC Counseling Department has recently made the following changes:
- Appointments will be made throughout the semester, except during the first 2 weeks and finals week, on a space-available basis. Plan ahead.
- "No Show: policy: If a student misses an appointment and does not call to cancel 24 hours prior to the appointment, then the student will need to wait until the following semester to book another appointment. For extenuating circumstances there is an appeal process. The form is available in the counseling office.
Appointments are required for the following services:
Education Plans-SEPs (1 hour)
A personalized, multi-semester “ map” of your classes.
Evaluations-Transcript Review (1 hour)
Evaluating courses from other colleges toward current goals.
Please have official transcripts on file.
- Personal Counseling (1 hour)
Assistance with any concern that is interferring with academic success. Students with critical incidents may use drop-in.
Evaluations (1 hour)
All official transcripts must be on file prior to scheduling an appointment
Aid Evaluations (1 hour)
All official transcripts must be on file prior to scheduling a counseling appointment.
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING STUDENT TRANSCRIPTS
During the admission process, students are asked to submit their high school and other college/university transcripts to the LPC Admissions and Records Office. If a student needs to enroll in a class with a prerequisite that was completed at another college or with advance placement scores, he or she will need to show proof of course completion to a counselor ("course override"). Unofficial transcripts/grade reports are acceptable documentation for "course overrides."