- Admission with Advanced Standing
- Transcripts from Other Colleges
- Advanced Placement Program
- Re-admission from Dismissed Status
Students who plan to enroll at Las Positas College must complete and submit an "Application for Admission." Application forms are available at the Office of Admissions and Records, in the Class Schedule, and online via the CLASS-Web website.
Official transcripts of previous academic work at other institutions are required to assist students in reaching their educational objectives at Las Positas College. Transcripts are also required for students who are candidates for special admissions programs and/or services such as financial aid and scholarships, veteran's benefits, athletics, concurrent enrollment, and international student education.
Credits earned at another accredited college or university may be applied towards an A.A. or A.S. degree from Las Positas College upon receipt of official transcripts. Accreditation must have been listed in the Accredited Institutions of Higher Education manual. Credit may also be allowed for college-level United States Air Force Institute courses and for formal courses taken at military service schools if such credit is recommended in the American Council on Education Guide.
Any student enrolled at Las Positas College who desires academic credit for courses taken at other accredited colleges/universities must submit official transcripts of that work to the Office of Admissions and Records. It is the student's responsibility to initiate a request to each institution asking that an official transcript of his/her work be sent directly to the Office of Admissions and Records, Las Positas College.
To be credited by Las Positas College, the course work must meet the following criteria:
- The course(s) must have been taken at an accredited college/university.
- The course(s) must be lower division.
- The course(s) must have been completed with a grade of "D" or higher. All transferred grades (including "F"s) will be used in the calculation of units attempted, units completed, and the grade point average.
- The content of the course(s) must be recognized as equivalent to the current Las Positas College course standards. The Dean of Admissions and Records and/or Dean of Student Services at Las Positas College shall be responsible for determining course equivalency.
Las Positas College grants credit for successful completion of the Advanced Placement Program of the College Entrance Examination Board (C.E.E.B.). Credit will not be posted on the student's permanent record until 12 units have been completed at Las Positas College with a grade point average of 2.0 or better. For further information regarding Advanced Placement policies and procedure, see catalog page 37.
Students on dismissed status from Las Positas College must submit a "Petition for Readmission from Dismissed Status" form. In order to enroll in classes, the Dean of Student Services and Dean of Admissions and Records or designee must approve readmission. Forms are available at the Office of Admissions and Records and at the Counseling Office.