Las Positas College has implemented a waitlist system effective Spring 2012. Before the start of instruction, if a class is closed, you may place yourself on a waitlist anytime on or after your priority registration date. If a student drops and a seat becomes available, you will be notified via your Zonemail student email account that you have 72 hours to register for the class. If you do not register before the notification expires, you will be removed from the waitlist. It is recommended that you monitor your waitlist status regularly on The Zone or CLASS-Web, in addition to checking your Zonemail.
- click here for Waitlist FAQ's (PDF)
What is a waitlist?
- Waitlist is an automatic registration feature in CLASS-Web that goes into effect when a class is closed and has reached its enrollment limit.
- Students do not need to know in advance what CRNs have a waitlist, since the system notifies them automatically.
What do students need to know to get on the waitlist for a class?
- ALL NOTIFICATIONS FOR WAITLIST WILL BE SENT TO THE STUDENT’S ZONEMAIL ACCOUNT.
- If a CRN has a waitlist, when students register online on CLASS-Web, they are prompted automatically online to sign up for the waitlist if the class is closed.
- Students’ registration priority determines when they can register and also when they can add themselves to a waitlist.
- Students are placed on the waitlist on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students can also remove themselves from the waitlist online at any time.
- Students can monitor their position on the waitlist online.
- Students cannot add themselves to the waitlist if one of the following conditions exist:
- They do not meet prerequisites/corequisites, or have registration holds.
- The waitlist class overlaps in time with classes in which they are already registered.
- They are already on a waitlist for the same class. (However, students may add themselves to waitlists for different classes.)
- Adding to the waitlist puts them over the maximum unit load.
- If a seat becomes available for a CRN, the student at the top of the waitlist receives a notification at their Zonemail account to register for that class within 72 hours. If the student does not take action before the stated expiration date & time, the student loses their spot to the next student on the waitlist.
- Reminder emails are sent to students via Zonemail to register before the first day of class and again when the waitlist closes for that specific CRN.
- Students who were notified to register but fail to take action before class starts are instructed to show up for class on the first day to get an add authorization number. For online classes, they are instructed to email their instructor that they are still interested by midnight prior to the first day of class. Students must include course and CRN in the subject line in the email to the instructor.