- Las Positas College
- Automotive Technology
- Career Exploration
- Automotive Technology Home
- Getting Started
- Guided Pathway
- Automotive Degrees and Certificates
- Automotive Classes
- Our Faculty
- Subaru Tuition & Tool Reimbursement
- Test Your Knowledge!
- Automotive Articulation
- The Job Market
- Where Our Students Work
- Career Exploration
- LPC Internship & Job Board
- Advisory Board
- Women in Automotive Technology
- Transfer and Transfer Opportunities
- Smog Referee
- Industry Credentials
- Service Information
- Social Media
- Industry Links
- Career Education
- Student Handbook
- Automotive Program FAQ's
- View this Site in Spanish
While the Automotive industry isn’t for everyone, it could be the perfect field for you. If you like cars and want to be a part of the ever-changing automotive world, why not pursue a career that you will enjoy? Like any good career, it will require hard work, but the rewards are great if your heart is in it.
The skills and knowledge you will gain while earning your automotive degree are in high demand. Employers are begging for qualified people who can solve problems, understand how things work, deal with people, and maintain a high level of integrity. You could be just the person they are looking for!
Just about any job that has to do with automobiles! Certificates and degree's are designed to prepare you for careers in independent businesses and dealerships such as:
- Automobile technician
- Parts specialist
- Service advisor
Is Automotive for you?
- I like cars. From classic to luxury to electric and everything in between, you appreciate the diversity of automobiles. You know the popular models, both past and present, of auto makers. You enjoy attending auto shows, and you like updated cars and trucks as much as futuristic concepts. The automotive industry is fueled by individuals with a passion for cars. An appreciation for vehicles will help you learn new skills and give you guidance if you want to pursue an auto mechanic career.
- I am curious about how things work. If something isn’t working right, you are not afraid to look under the hood. You like to see how things interact and function together. You like to learn about mechanics by taking things apart. If you don’t immediately know how to assemble something, you try to figure it out. Maybe you even like to watch videos or TV shows about how things are made. The auto industry is constantly changing as technology becomes more important in cars and trucks. If you want to become an auto mechanic, it is good to be curious and to have a desire to learn.
- I like to solve puzzles. If it is broken, you can fix it. You love the challenge of identifying a problem and finding a solution. You are observant and pay attention to details. And you especially like being able to fix things because it gives you a feeling of accomplishment. You can work both independently and on a team to solve problems. You’re not afraid of a challenge, but you also like to solve simple problems every now and then. The ability to solve puzzles is a great skill if you are interested in an auto mechanic career. Entry-level jobs in the auto repair field focus on diagnosing, repairing and performing preventative maintenance on cars and trucks.
- I like to help people. Much like solving problems, helping others gives you a sense of pride. And you want to earn someone’s trust, in addition to solving their problem. You are good at explaining things, even if they are unfamiliar with the topic. Maybe you don’t have the most experience with something, but because people like you, they will ask you for help. You know when to offer advice or when to be supportive when someone tells you a problem. Individuals with the ability to connect with others find success in the automotive industry, regardless of career path. Understanding unique problems, offering solutions and providing the right assistance are huge assets for individuals seeking an entry-level automotive repair job.
Use one or all of the resources below
My Next Move - Interest Profilers and much more!
Career one stop - Interest Profilers and much more!
For more information please contact: