- Las Positas College
- Academic Integrity
- Academic Integrity Supporting Software
- Academic Integrity Home
- Academic Honesty Statement
- District Honor Pledge
- Resources for Students
- Resources for Faculty
Academic Integrity Supporting Software
- Proctorio is a remote proctoring tool integrated into Canvas quizzes that helps maintain the academic integrity of online exams.
- Instructors can choose to use Proctorio to deter cheating and/or to allow students to complete exams without coming to campus. Optional features within Proctorio include recording students via the web cam on their computers, recording their web browsing during an exam, locking down their web browser, and disabling printing. Proctorio uses the Google Chrome browser and the Proctorio extension for Chrome to communicate with students’ computers during an exam. If there is student activity that the instructor chose not to allow during the exam, Proctorio can flag that activity. It is then up to the instructor to review video, audio, and/or other data before deciding if any action is warranted. Proctorio does not access any content on students' computers, especially not any of their passwords, files, or data. The Chrome browser extension that students must install only runs when a Proctorio exam is running, and once the exam ends, the tool immediately stops.
- View LPC student information about Proctorio.
- View LPC faculty information about Proctorio.
- Turnitin is an anti-plagiarism service integrated into Canvas that checks student papers against public web sites, academic databases, and previously submitted student papers to Turnitin.
- Turnitin is used to not only determine if students are copying someone else’s work, but it is also used as a deterrent to cheating. Instructors can choose to use Turnitin when creating writing assignments in Canvas. If they so choose, each student’s submission will be checked before returning a similarity report. This report shows what has and has not been copied. It is then up to the instructor to determine if there is a problem. Instructors also have the ability to copy and paste any student text in Canvas, such as discussion board postings, and manually submit it to Turnitin.
- View Turnitin's user guide for students.
- View Turnitin’s user guide for instructors.
Maxient will allow Las Positas College to record, track, and report information as it pertains to behavioral and mental health referrals, student complaints, student discipline, student grievances, and Title IX cases that relate to students.
Maxient will enable Las Positas College faculty to electronically submit violations of the standards of student conduct including academic dishonesty.