The Tutoring Center is closed for Summer 2023. Over the summer, students can get online support at the RAW Center, the Math Concurrent Support classes, or on NetTutor. The Math Concurrent Support classes will also meet in person this summer.
The Tutoring Center will reopen in the Fall in our new location in room 21215. More details to come in the Fall!
- In-Person Math HW Help Hours
- In-Person Statistics HW Help Hours
- Online Math HW Help Hours
- Reading and Writing Tutoring Hours
Schedule a free weekly tutor
Drop in to see a free online tutor
Drop off a paper for review
Additional Support Options
Need more support? We got you covered! Las Positas provides a wide range of specialized learning support to ensure you are successful.
- Reading and Writing (RAW) Center: Free in-person and online support from English Faculty.
- Smart Shops: Free weekly academic workshops.
- NetTutor: Free online tutoring for subjects we may not offer in Penji.
- Math Jam: Free Math support classes before or during the semester (Insider tip: NMAT 202c is the only Math Support class that is open for enrollment after the add deadline.)
- Non-Credit Courses: Search CLASS-Web for free “Non-Credit” courses.
- Student Resource Guide: Find and access all resources at Las Positas.
Are you interested in becoming a tutor?
The Tutoring Center employs Las Positas students, who have earned an A or B in their classes, to provide you with free academic support for a wide variety of subjects.
Download and fill out this application. Weekly hours vary by term and according to subject need and tutor availability. We typically hire students who can tutor multiple subjects and plan to attend LPC for two or more semesters. If you like helping others and having a flexible work schedule, then tutoring is right for you!
Applications for the Fall semester are typically due the last day of spring break. Applications for the Spring semester are typically due on Halloween.
To get free tutoring in Fall 2023
- Come by room 21215
- Download our free Penji app
- Use our scheduled, drop-in, or paper drop-off tutoring
Quiet study rooms available Fall 2023For more information, please contact:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tutoring Center: Room 21215
- Call (925) 424-1450